Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

I think I'm missing somethig here

cub cadet 1650 hydro parts fabing ..............................

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,585 posts

Posted April 24, 2015 - 10:18 AM

it might be a piece of metal to release the trans so the tractor can be moved !!! ???? I've seen the metal parts somewhere but not sure how they are to be attached to the lever. Still working on the 1650 while I wait for the parts to come in. I now use a had cart with a pin in the trailer hitch on it to move it around. Have any of you guys rebuilt the release lever and if so how have you done it? If I have to buy the new one do any of you know if it has to be welded on or does it use the roll / split pin that is already there? Thanks. Roger

DSCF9267.JPG

DSCF9268.JPG

DSCF9269.JPG

Edited by MH81, April 24, 2015 - 04:40 PM.
Removed ............... From title

• WilsonOt said thank you

#2 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted April 24, 2015 - 10:39 AM

Yours is snapped off.The roll pin holds it in place.It's a Thin piece of spring steel and they are pretty brittle and often snap off over time.

Pull the roll pin and you will be able to pull the broken part out of the slot.

Here's a pic of what it should look like.

43202.jpg

Might want to replace that Flex coupler on the driveshaft before you run it very long.That thing looks really nasty.Ya don't want the driveshaft to run off centered it will bend and really mess stuff up when it lets go.It will eat those Hydro lines for lunch.

Edited by EricFromPa, April 24, 2015 - 10:43 AM.

• Gtractor, MH81, hamman and 2 others have said thanks

#3 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted April 24, 2015 - 11:04 AM

This is a slightly thicker steel aftermarket part.Top Right column Here http://www.cubclassi.../cubparts3.html

hydro release flapper1.JPG

Or the same thing on Ebay for 2x the price lol http://www.ebay.com/...=item35e05e2ff9

One of our site sponcers may have them in stock.

• hamman and boyscout862 have said thanks

#4 dthomp17 ONLINE  

dthomp17

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2987
  • 494 Thanks
  • 411 posts

Posted April 24, 2015 - 11:14 AM

I agree with Eric, you definitely want to replace that flex coupler as soon as possible.  If it comes loose it can cause major damage to your hydro lines.

I have two cub cadets with the same release mechanism and mine had rusted so bad that they broke.  There is currently one on ebay and you can get it for $30 plus shipping.  I think that's an obscene price but I'm cheap.  I was able to make my own out of regular sheet steel and so far they are holding up well.  Good luck.

• hamman said thank you

#5 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,585 posts

Posted April 24, 2015 - 12:08 PM

Thanks guys. If I had the dimensions I could make one out of 22ga steel.(galvanized) I don't see the part lying in the bottom so I assume it was long gone before I got the tractor. I also do not see the metal part for the neutral safety switch either. That's why that is jumped out. Still waiting for the PTO switch so I can get it running again so I can see if it is worth putting a lot more money into. Kinda doing this on a shoe string budget.  Thanks again.                                          Roger

#6 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted April 24, 2015 - 01:07 PM

Have had 1250 with same part missing. The push valves there were stuck on mine. Yours look rough,, but still sticking up, mine pushed down and stayed! I just removed with socket and cleaned them up in thinner and worked the spring and button up/down many times till they worked and put back in. Watch you keep o-rings on them. Mine worked OK after that. I would think that metal one shown would be good buy, probly spring steel too, not just straight. Need a tension to keep the lever up and pushing on those buttons, they go pretty stiff, no weak springs there.

• hamman said thank you

#7 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted September 20, 2015 - 08:58 AM

hmmm...interesting.  I had a more recent thread on disengaging hydro on my 1250;  and recently picked up a 129 too. 

I have not had a chance to do much of anything with either machine yet. been swamped with other (non GT) things.

The 1250 has the hole in the tunnel cover for the lever but don't have a lever.  The 129 came to me with the tunnel cover removed.

The PO said something about something being broke that breaks on these machines "all the time" I thought that he meant the hydro release plungers.  Now I stumbled onto this pic, I see that the tab on my 129 is much shorter!!  so maybe it's just the tab and not the release plungers.... time to pull the tunnel cover on the 1250 too.

• hamman said thank you