• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • Member No: 61353
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 05:18 AM

If boogered up threads arent the reason for it not coming out, corrosion probably is. Try vinegar or lemon juice if the other stuff doesnt work. All it takes is the screwdriver to slip out of the slot once and it is hosed. The brass gets rounded off and you cant get a grip on it to get it out. Then you have to get creative. Easy outs will just shave off the brass and the best you can do is start drilling. When you do get it out, it wont seal up right and it will flood the carb when it isnt running if you dont put in a inline fuel shut off

well heck !! how am i gonna rebuild it ? dont want no leaky a$$ tractor  lol

#17 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 07:33 AM

I do have them new if this is the one your after

https://bolenspartsa...-390323-394228/

• alec said thank you

#18 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 08:38 PM

I do have them new if this is the one your after

https://bolenspartsa...-390323-394228/

mine is the longer one

#19 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,471 Thanks
  • 1,133 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 09:04 PM

Look on ebay there's a few flo jets for sale. You can also buy the new lower half a too
  • alec said thank you

#20 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8044
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 09:43 PM

180 for a new one????? You can find new for half that online. I picked a few used ones on ebay for 15 to 20 bucks.

Where on line are you getting brand new flow jet carbs for $90? Please share with us. Used ones may not be any better than the devil you already have. Don't ask me how I know.
  • alec said thank you

#21 Dee OFFLINE  

Dee

• Member No: 1853
  • 37 Thanks
  • 59 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 10:19 PM

I acquired a tiller with an old briggs using an updraft carb.  That carb was destroyed by the previous owner who told me he rebuilt the carb.  The jet nozzle was damaged beyond repair. So, I just bought one of the aftermarket chinese clone carburetors for $30 on eBay.  Seems to be wroking okay for me. 

The unit was sold from a California distributor with a one year warranty.  The first unit arrived damaged from shipping and he sent me a free replacement without having to return the first unit.

• alec said thank you

#22 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 10:23 PM

phil .... how do you know ?  :poke:

#23 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 10:24 PM

I acquired a tiller with an old briggs using an updraft carb.  That carb was destroyed by the previous owner who told me he rebuilt the carb.  The jet nozzle was damaged beyond repair. So, I just bought one of the aftermarket chinese clone carburetors for $30 on eBay.  Seems to be wroking okay for me. 

The unit was sold from a California distributor with a one year warranty.  The first unit arrived damaged from shipping and he sent me a free replacement without having to return the first unit.

is this dee from the other forum ? looking for a nine inch pulley ? if so go check your messages

( sorry you are not the same guy unless your lying about your age lol he is 80 )

Edited by alec, April 25, 2015 - 10:44 PM.