#1 JoshBrown OFFLINE  

JoshBrown

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1978
  • 20 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted March 20, 2011 - 09:44 PM

I am looking for a carburetor for a '93ish Craftsman gt 6000. It is a vertical shaft 18hp Kohler magnum. If anyone has one of these I would love to see a pic of it hooked up on your mower or any part #'s or anything that will help me in my hunt for the carb. Thanks Josh

#2 JoshBrown OFFLINE  

JoshBrown

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 20 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted March 20, 2011 - 10:28 PM

I have done a little research and it should be a walbro adjustable main jet side draft carb. It needs to fit the MV18 engine.

Edited by JoshBrown, March 20, 2011 - 11:01 PM.

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted March 21, 2011 - 12:01 AM

I have one I can take pictures of, bump this thread to remind me if I haven't posted something in a day or two.

#4 JoshBrown OFFLINE  

JoshBrown

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 20 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted March 22, 2011 - 09:34 PM

I went to the scrap yard looking for a carb and fuel pump and saw several old lawn tractors that had sadly been squished. I saw a nice wheelhorse, sears LT10, bolens all would have made nice tractors. It really sucks that people get rid of really nice pieces of history for a few dollars. I didn't find the fuel pump or the correct carb. I looked for over 2 hours and didn't go through it all. I did however find a close walbro that I knew wasn't the right one but the price was right (free) so I thought I would try it out. I really just wanted to find out what kind of shape the motor was in before buying a correct fuel pump and carb. The linkages didn't work at all and I couldn't quite adjust it correctly (I had to leave the choke on) but it ran the motor. The motor sounded great no noise. I am very optimistic about this mower. I think it is going to be a good one. I think I could possibly make the carb work I would have to customize the linkages. I don't know how the governor would react to that so better safe than sorry. I found a carb and fuel pump pretty cheap so ordered them today. I just have to wait on the ups man now before I can really do anything else except clean it up a little

#5 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

tractorman604
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted August 08, 2011 - 07:42 AM

I hope that one works for you. I have been trying to find just a float for my 1964 sears, it's been driving me nuts, but at the same time it's a fun hobby.