K301/ 8000 series.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 twain OFFLINE  

• Member No: 69106
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 07:43 PM

Blowing hard out crankcase at an idle.  Rolled engine by hand opposite running direction seems to have good compression. Sounds like a valve tapping its pretty audible. what checks should i make first? Thanks you all.   

#2 Dayton_King OFFLINE  

• Member No: 68926
  • 585 Thanks
  • 673 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 08:48 PM

I had the same problems on one of my project. Piston is wore or un even cylinder roundness. Making to much positive crankcase pressure. Pull the head check for slop and measure bore. Then you can buy the correct rebuild kit.

#3 Gabriel OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 52459
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 10:40 PM

Welcome to GTTalk!

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 23, 2015 - 06:51 AM

Welcome to GTTalk. Those engines tend to get carbon buildup. When it gets excessive it can prevent the valves from sealing and also it can build up on the lip of top of the the cylinder wall opposite the exhaust valve and cause the piston to be pushed away from the cylinder on that side at the top of it's stroke. It will actually wear away part of the piston. This may sound odd but I have seen it happen on a K321. That engine was puking oil out the breather at a rate that left a trail of drips on the ground behind the tractor. After cleaning the carbon out of the head, cylinder and block it does not have any blow by at all now. I'm not saying that this is all that's wrong in your case, but I think pulling the head for a look may be a good plan at this point. You also should check to make sure the crankcase breather is in good shape.

#5 twain OFFLINE  

• Member No: 69106
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted April 23, 2015 - 07:42 PM

Thanks you all, i will make those checks and share the results.