25 replies to this topic

#16 tater195 OFFLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,306 Thanks
  • 933 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 03:34 PM

Furniture is the same way. A flexsteel recliner from nebraska furniture mart is not the same as one you could buy in a real furniture store.

NFM and Ikea are the walmart version of a furniture store

• HANKG and Sawdust have said thanks

#17 premio53 OFFLINE  

premio53
  • Member No: 69814
  • 2 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 03:45 PM

I guess I'm back to my original question.  Are there two versions of the Husqvarna Fast Tractor?

#18 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,746 Thanks
  • 7,517 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 04:04 PM

There is a good chance that there are differences.

#19 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,777 Thanks
  • 4,302 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 05:08 PM

1st of all, :welcometogttalk:

Didn't we just hash this out about Cubs and John Deere?

• Cat385B said thank you

#20 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,864 Thanks
  • 2,788 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 05:14 PM

That is just wrong, where is the consumer's union with this crap those company's should be brought up on charges of misrepresenting their products I doubt that most people are aware of that practice.

#21 premio53 OFFLINE  

premio53
  • 2 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 05:23 PM

I'm interested in what hamman finds out.

#22 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 06:19 PM

I think you are all wrong. Of course Main brands sell better tractors, but diff models and lots more money. I bought my cheap JD from a JD dealer in lawn equip, same model Lowes had, just better financing.  Has given me no trouble since 2003 when purchased. People just run them till dead or abuse them and try to do more with them than the design was meant to do. Of course engines and axles can be warranted by other makers, see no problem with that. They STILL work on them thru dealers, there is not a seperate place to take for repairs then.  I was thinking of buying a Husqvarna myself.  I would want the one with the bigger unboltable wheels and nicer seat and other items. You can see diff models with improvements as you move up the price scale. Not aware of any Husky dealers by themselves, they only sell thru other stores.  Would think most sellers would either offer service themselves or have connection to other lawn/garden shops for repairs.  I don't belive there is 'other" factories building the cheapy ones and one with the good ones, that is absurd!  Just like GM can make cheap to luxury going down the line just by adding features and parts, so can't the tractor factories.  Made as heavy as past, maybe not. BUT, spend $8 to $10 K and you will still find that quality. Even in old days the junk we are messing with today was the top dollar tractors and were way expensive over the private store brands, even tho looking at prices today it doesn't seem that bad, but inflation figured in is where the change comes up.  I say if you LIKE it, BUY it!  Treat it right is the key.

• Bolens 1000, olcowhand, DougT and 3 others have said thanks

#23 premio53 OFFLINE  

premio53
  • 2 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted April 23, 2015 - 06:29 AM

I think you are all wrong. Of course Main brands sell better tractors, but diff models and lots more money. I bought my cheap JD from a JD dealer in lawn equip, same model Lowes had, just better financing.  Has given me no trouble since 2003 when purchased. People just run them till dead or abuse them and try to do more with them than the design was meant to do. Of course engines and axles can be warranted by other makers, see no problem with that. They STILL work on them thru dealers, there is not a seperate place to take for repairs then.  I was thinking of buying a Husqvarna myself.  I would want the one with the bigger unboltable wheels and nicer seat and other items. You can see diff models with improvements as you move up the price scale. Not aware of any Husky dealers by themselves, they only sell thru other stores.  Would think most sellers would either offer service themselves or have connection to other lawn/garden shops for repairs.  I don't belive there is 'other" factories building the cheapy ones and one with the good ones, that is absurd!  Just like GM can make cheap to luxury going down the line just by adding features and parts, so can't the tractor factories.  Made as heavy as past, maybe not. BUT, spend $8 to $10 K and you will still find that quality. Even in old days the junk we are messing with today was the top dollar tractors and were way expensive over the private store brands, even tho looking at prices today it doesn't seem that bad, but inflation figured in is where the change comes up.  I say if you LIKE it, BUY it!  Treat it right is the key.

The problem isn't selling more affordable products.  Basically some companies are using trusted product brand names associated with quality in the public's mind and implying that you are getting what you are not.  Ford and other automotive companies are ultimately responsible for faulty products even though they don't actually manufacture many or most of what goes into a car or truck.  Husqvarna shouldn't make me think I'm getting something that is backed by them when I am only buying their "name."

#24 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted April 23, 2015 - 06:57 AM

They are all the same IMO. Being in the business now I see no difference in the Husquvarna line of LT mowers if I get them in to repair with a Lowes stamp or not.  Now if you want to know where is the better place to buy a mower for good parts support I would choose a dealer who actually stocks parts and can service your machine, the Box stores are what they are, a cheap place to buy whole products nothing more.

Most box stores draw  the clientele looking for cheap stuff so they stock the Entry  level machines which are of the lowest quality, a good servicing dealer will stock Entry and upper level machines as well as parts, knowledge and service.

• MH81 said thank you

#25 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 23, 2015 - 07:02 AM

I

The problem isn't selling more affordable products.  Basically some companies are using trusted product brand names associated with quality in the public's mind and implying that you are getting what you are not.  Ford and other automotive companies are ultimately responsible for faulty products even though they don't actually manufacture many or most of what goes into a car or truck.  Husqvarna shouldn't make me think I'm getting something that is backed by them when I am only buying their "name."

It's all about price point. You can buy a 1500$ lawn tractor from a JD dealer or from Lowes but you can't buy a 10K$ X700 series garden tractor from Lowes. As a consumer it's up to you to educate yourself on the different products out there. You really can't do that at a Lowes or HD. Go to a JD or Husq. dealer who services the products they sell and ask them to explain the different capabilities for the different lines of tractors. 

Chances are the independent dealer will be able to give you a better price and definitely better service than the box store. The biggest bonus to going to a JD dealer is to get the information you need to buy the correct tractor and attachments for your needs and budget. 

• MH81 said thank you

#26 premio53 OFFLINE  

premio53
  • 2 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted April 23, 2015 - 07:18 AM

I did a lot of research before buying the Fast Tractor and the selling point was the K57 transmission.  I had bought a "cheap" 19.5 HP Ariens at a box store and the tranmission went out in only three years.  If I were to find out that there are two versions I knew nothing about then I would not like it at all.  I would be willing to spend more depending on what the differences are.  The problem is too many products today it seems are being sold to the public without full disclosure of vital cheap parts that will cause failure and can't be replaced instead of being up front on the quality.