• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 premio53 OFFLINE  

premio53
  • Member No: 69814
  • 2 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 08:22 AM

I've read that the big box stores sale "fake" Husqvarna tractors and that real Husqvarna replacement parts will not work on the tractors sold at those stores.  Does anyone know if that is true for an authorized Ace Hardware dealer that does all the warranty work on site?

• hamman said thank you

#2 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 08:29 AM

:welcometogttalk: Most of the "box store" machines are MTD.

#3 premio53 OFFLINE  

premio53
  • 2 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 08:57 AM

:welcometogttalk: Most of the "box store" machines are MTD.

"Most" can include many things.  Are there two versions of the "Fast Tractor" (yth24v48)?  One sold by Husqvarna and one sold by the "box stores"?  Thanks.

#4 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,625 Thanks
  • 2,578 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 09:08 AM

My son works for ACE and does some of the repairs for their store. I will ask him tonight when I talk to him about that . Interesting.                                    Roger

• Sawdust said thank you

#5 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,748 Thanks
  • 7,519 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 09:10 AM

Welcome to GTT. Most of the stuff sold these days are light weight and probably not going to last alot of years. A local dealer that sells and services can in the long run be a much better deal than the big box stores. What kind of reputation does the ACE store have?

Most of us are playing with older machines that were built to last. Many of mine are 40 to 50 years old and are better built than the ones today. GoodLuck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, April 22, 2015 - 09:11 AM.

• HDWildBill, Sawdust, Bill 76 and 1 other said thanks

#6 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 10:30 AM

Welcome to GTTalk. I would address your concerns to Husqvarna USA. They should be able to tell you what's up. I don't think Lowes Ace or HD would sell a tractor that has no support. You can also check the model no. tag on the tractor you are considering and check that against online info.

#7 Little Irish Men OFFLINE  

Little Irish Men
  • Member No: 61934
  • 661 Thanks
  • 385 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 10:41 AM

I was told and hear  that the john deers sold at the big box stores are not the same as the ones from a J D . dealer  So i was told ? ? ? ?

Patrick.

• Sawdust said thank you

#8 premio53 OFFLINE  

premio53
  • 2 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 12:05 PM

I was told and hear  that the john deers sold at the big box stores are not the same as the ones from a J D . dealer  So i was told ? ? ? ?

Patrick.

I was watching a Youtube review and one of the comments was a man that said he had bought a Husqvarna tractor at Lowes and after 52 hours the transmission went out and was told "that real Husqvarna replacement parts will not fit the fake mower from Lowes."  I don't know how much truth is in that but I've also read things similar about low end John Deere tractors.  The Box stores somehow buy the "name" to use on generic tractors. 

#9 premio53 OFFLINE  

premio53
  • 2 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 12:20 PM

There may be some truth in this.  I have had my fast tractor for a couple of days and started reading the fine print.

Engines, Transmissions and certain other components are NOT covered.  This Limited Warranty does not cover any of the following:

(b)  Transmissions.  "...Transmission/Transaxle (including Drive Systems) are not covered by this Limited Warranty.  In most cases these items are NOT manufactured by Husqvarna in which case they may be covered separately by their respective manufacturer's warranties if one is provided and included with the product at the time of purchase."  (from my warranty paperwork)

#10 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,686 Thanks
  • 8,884 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 12:26 PM

No lawn tractor manufacturer makes their own transmissions. Nor their own engines. The warranty work is done through Tuff Torq or Hydro Gear, etc.

Any specific model of any brand is built to the same spec no matter where it is sold.

Sure wish someone could point out where the super secret box store only JD plant is.
  • Bolens 1000, LilysDad, superaben and 1 other said thanks

#11 premio53 OFFLINE  

premio53
  • 2 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 12:31 PM

So Husqvarna has no obligation to back up their product?  Do the box stores honor the limited warranties?

#12 Little Irish Men OFFLINE  

Little Irish Men
  • 661 Thanks
  • 385 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 01:53 PM

Well is it true that JD sell one kind of built tractor at the big box stores and the others at there factory dealers? ? ? The engines on lawn tractors have bin built by other manufacture for years.? ? ? ?

#13 Lmiller3358 ONLINE  

Lmiller3358

• Member No: 5109
  • 1,332 Thanks
  • 1,317 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 02:15 PM

This also happens with major brand appliances from the big box stores also !

#14 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 02:22 PM

If anyone thinks because of the brand it's made the same way everywhere you better wake up. This bait for sale promotional products has been going on for years. My first experience was buying a VCR when the HI FI units forst came out. I was always a S..y person when it came to electronics. I was told not to buy two out three of the same name brand because they were junk made to sell. My other encounter has been tools over the years in the box stores...made cheaper regardless of what brand. Plumbing fixtures same way in the box stores compared to contractor supply stores. Most mechanical items have plastic gears vs brass or metal. Sleeve bearings made of plastic vs ball or roller bearings. The tv's you buy at Wally W..ld will not be the same at Be.t B.y etc. Bottom line brands mean nothing anymore. Warranties & service is what's important.
  • boyscout862 said thank you

#15 Little Irish Men OFFLINE  

Little Irish Men
  • 661 Thanks
  • 385 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 03:11 PM

Just had a little conversation with a plummer and he told me the same thing, that moen faucets do the same thing. One line for the big box stores and the good one's fore the supply house . 

Patrick.

• boyscout862 and Sawdust have said thanks