Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Vote for Featured Tractor May 2015

vote featured tractor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote for Featured Tractor May 2015 (79 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for Featured Tractor May 2015

1. David Bradley Electric - petrj6 (45 votes [56.96%])

Percentage of vote: 56.96%

2. Massey Ferguson MF12 - propane1 (25 votes [31.65%])

Percentage of vote: 31.65%

3. Craftsman 10/36 - cpg (9 votes [11.39%])

Percentage of vote: 11.39%

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted April 01, 2015 - 05:46 PM

Voting for GTtalk Featured Tractor of the Month for the month of May has now officially started. This month's theme is Modified / Custom Tractor.

The winner will be featured on the GTtalk Home Page for the entire month of May and in our Featured Tractor Section for infinity. 

We have three nominations this month. Let the Voting Begin!

• David Bradley Electric - petrj6
  • Massey Ferguson MF12 - propane1
  • Craftsman 10/36 - cpg

Before voting please be sure to check out all the entries in the posts below.

• jd.rasentrac, Dieselcubmike, JRP1952 and 6 others have said thanks

#2 petrj6 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,700 Thanks
  • 2,159 posts

Posted April 01, 2015 - 07:54 PM

This post has been promoted to an article

Attached Thumbnails

• tractor project 002.JPG
  • new tractor 005.JPG
  • new trailer 008.JPG
  • tractor project 001.JPG
  • tractor project 006.JPG
  • stuff 002.JPG
  • new tractor 002.JPG

• grand, olcowhand, Bud and 22 others have said thanks

#3 propane1 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 54307
  • 5,865 Thanks
  • 3,108 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 09:18 AM

I will enter my 1976 MF 12. I bought this tractor 4 or 5 years ago. It came with cutting deck, snowthrower, tiller with extension and a cab for 700.00.  I use the thrower on the front the first year, used the deck the first two years and have used the tiller for the last three years. some of you have already seen this tractor in other posts I have done.

So I always liked the MF 135 farm tractors and the pipe loader that was on them. The loader on the farm tractors is a number 38 loader, but most people called them a pipe loader. Since the garden tractors looked like the farm tractors I decide to make a loader for my MF12 and try to make it look like the real ones. It was only made for looks and was not intended to be used for lifting, but of course i had to try it out. It has been one of my best attachments. It has moved a lot of stuff with very little break downs.

then because the snow thrower had not been on the tractor for some time, I decided to put in on the back, just like the big tractors. so I found a motor and and rigged it up to the thrower and made a lift for it. It works great after some tweaking. This thrower was just finished just within the last few weeks. I made the loader about three to four years ago.

So I am not sure if this is a modified Garden tractor or not, so I will say it's Custom. Thanks for looking, Noel  

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture 003.jpg
  • Picture 003.jpg
  • Picture 011.jpg
  • Picture 002.jpg
  • Picture 003.jpg
  • Picture 007.jpg
  • Picture 547.jpg
  • Picture 648.jpg
  • Picture 650.jpg
  • Picture 696.jpg
  • Picture 797.jpg
  • Picture 007.jpg

• grand, olcowhand, Gtractor and 14 others have said thanks

#4 cpg OFFLINE  

• Member No: 57994
  • 244 Thanks
  • 147 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 10:05 AM

I will nominate my father-in-laws garden tractor. It is a 1982 Craftsman 10/36.

The story of this tractor starts about three years ago. I restored a little Rugg tractor for my wife and painted it pink because after attending tractor shows with me she was always disappointed there were no pink tractors. After I completed it her father asked if I would be able to do a Star Trek themed tractor as he is a huge Trek fan. That comment sparked the thoughts in my head and I started planning. At the time the Craftsman was my lawn tractor but the deck bearings were bad and it literally rusted off the tractor though the tractor still worked great so it became the base of this project.

I started by stripping the tractor down and painted the bottom a black metallic to look like "space" that would be around the ship. The part of the tractor that looked like the shape of the USS Enterprise (for those of you that know Star Trek) I painted a military gray color that matched the ship as close as I could. I wanted to replicate the thrusters that give the ship its iconic shape so for the thrusters on the back fenders I cut a piece of galvanized stove pipe in half then welded it to the top of the fenders and blended with body filler. The name on the hood was small brush painted with stencils and the USS Enterprise is vinyl letters. I made the dash look like the computer panels in the ship by getting printable bumper sticker material. The seat is a tractor seat from tractor supply. The rear lights for the "warp drive" are blue strip LED's and the headlights were replaced with red LED trailer lights so he could have "phazers". All the decals are clear coated over to help them last. The engine was painted blue and red to look like the "warp core".

It has no implements so it is just for parades, showing, and driving around his property. It is definitely one of the most fun projects I have ever done just because of the ability to let my creativity go.

Yes, the bumper sticker I made for the back does say "To boldly mow where no one has gone before".

2013-06-25 12.44.49.jpg

2013-06-25 12.44.58.jpg

2013-06-25 12.45.04.jpg

2013-06-25 12.45.16.jpg

2013-06-25 12.45.25.jpg

2013-06-25 12.50.43.jpg

2013-06-25 12.51.18.jpg

2013-06-25 12.51.27.jpg

Edited by cpg, April 02, 2015 - 10:23 AM.

• grand, olcowhand, Gtractor and 13 others have said thanks

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 6,360 posts

Posted April 23, 2015 - 06:52 AM

Trek Fan here too! That Sears is Sooooo coool!  Got my vote, wether a real tractor or not. Too many "Real" tractors, nice to see something different once in awhile.

• cpg said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vote, featured tractor