Garden Tractor Forums banner

ugh, need to lose weight!

2K views 37 replies 16 participants last post by  toomanytoys84 
#1 ·
Well, I had a physical done, blood pressure is 142/82 and my cholesterol is high...

I'm 6' 250lbs. I've gained 40 pounds in the last year! Too much eating out, too much driving, plus I quit smoking.

So now starts the diet! I hate this! I did this once before a few years ago and lost almost 80lbs. I felt great. Then I went through a divorce and a bunch of crap. Kind of stopped taking care of myself. Then I started this traveling around job life that really makes it hard to eat right.

So now the excuses stop and eating right, and doing some walks during my lunch time I should be able to do it.

Come on will power!

#4 ·
If you have lost weight before, you know how its done. Cut out the donuts and biscuit/ gravy breakfast pizza, stay away from fast food and soda for lunch and eating until you pop at dinner.... mostly all of the fun stuff. Walk or jog, even when you dont want to, lots of water (1qt a day for every 50# of body weight). If losing weight was easy, there wouldnt be so many fat people

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
If you have lost weight before, you know how its done. Cut out the donuts and biscuit/ gravy breakfast pizza, stay away from fast food and soda for lunch and eating until you pop at dinner.... mostly all of the fun stuff. Walk or jog, even when you dont want to, lots of water (1qt a day for every 50# of body weight). If losing weight was easy, there wouldnt be so many fat people
You are exactly right.

I am going to use the original version of weight watchers. That's what I used the first time I went from 270 to 190. It works great. No guessing, no counting calories(just points and that's easy) I am going to start walking at least 30 minutes during the day.

I already hate apples. I found my best way to go is if I get hungry chug a bottle of water. Teaches me to hate water!

Thanks for the support guys! I know I can do this.

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
I hear ya To many toys we have a common denominator in that we quit both smoking. I quit in 2013 have not smoked since ,at the time I weighed in at 165lb 6'tall and in pretty good shape for my age 63, now 220lb and I feel like s==t its gonna be just as tough to quit eating as it was to stop smoking. went from a 32" waist to having a 36" THATS IT ! RICE AND FISH NO MORE Everything I love to eat yea, right, Hank

#9 ·
First, Good Luck. Second, don't make a big project of it. Reduce the size of meals and the frequency of meals. Third, some kind of low impact excercise. Walking is excellant and can be fun if you pick nice places. If you make it a gentle lifestyle adjustment you will be able to stick with it easier and for longer. Good Luck, Rick

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
My Grandmother made those..called Hoecakes...its a BIG biscuit cut in half with gravy and if your lucky sausage on it..cut like pizza.
It's the ebelskiver of the biscuits and gravy world! Excellent!!!!!!!!!

Food Tableware Ingredient Staple food Cuisine

Attachments

#15 ·
Schwanns has some but they arent very good. Casey's has some, but its more of a scrambled egg and sausage. The best one had scrambled eggs, sausage, mushrooms and onions with gravy for pizza sauce, cant remember who makes them. I think it was hunts brothers but could have been made in house at a small town gas station.

#18 ·
If losing weight was easy, there wouldnt be so many fat people
If manufacturers were serious about producing healthy food would help.

My wife finally got good at losing. She avoids all suger, including grain, starch, etc. She eats meat, cheese, veggies, nuts, and so on. She avoids potatoes, but eats sweet potatoes. You must realize that it took time to put on weight and it will take time to come off. Don't get discouraged.

#19 ·
Is there anyone here who doesn't know by now that suger is highly addictive? They have found that it affects the same part of the brain as cocaine does. Manufacturers are know to put it in food that doesn't even need it just because it keeps you coming back. And you all were wondering why you craved snacks at 8pm.

#20 ·
Is there anyone here who doesn't know by now that suger is highly addictive? They have found that it affects the same part of the brain as cocaine does. Manufacturers are know to put it in food that doesn't even need it just because it keeps you coming back. And you all were wondering why you craved snacks at 8pm.
So you are saying it's not my fault I'm fat? I'm just addicted to sugar?

Seriously I don't buy into that kind of stuff. I think the human mind can be addicted to anything that we enjoy.

My biggest addiction isn't sweets or sugars. I rarely eat cakes cookies or snack foods.

Mine is deep fried, really greasy foods, and fast foods!

Tonight for dinner I had 2 chicken breast grilled and a whole bunch of steamed kale. So good.

#21 ·
For a snack that make you feel like you ate something and you will taste for an hour or so, try hot pickled veggies... cauliflower, pickles, okra, peppers, etc. good flavor but the only down side is they go great with beer and make you drink more

Reactions: oldedeeres
#23 ·
So you are saying it's not my fault I'm fat? I'm just addicted to sugar?

Seriously I don't buy into that kind of stuff. I think the human mind can be addicted to anything that we enjoy.
There are two kinds of addiction, physical and psychological. Sugar is physically addicting. It has an actual physical effect on the brain chemistry. However, that doesn't take away human responsibility or free choice. Alchohol is addicting, but that doesn't take away responsibility for being drunk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.