20 replies to this topic

#16 petrj6 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,728 Thanks
  • 2,173 posts

Posted April 19, 2015 - 07:17 PM

I am looking at a 2004 Silverado now, hopefully I should be able to bring it home tomorrow.  04 ext cab, 5.3 ltr 4x4 in super nice cond with 66k and I can get it for 12k with my wife's discount.  and the best part is this one is certified and ready to go it needs nothing !!

• Cvans, oldedeeres and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#17 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,050 Thanks
  • 4,980 posts

Posted April 19, 2015 - 07:37 PM

Sounds like a good deal! Post up some pictures when you get a chance. Always like trucks even if it's wearing a bow tie
  • petrj6 said thank you

#18 petrj6 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,728 Thanks
  • 2,173 posts

Posted April 20, 2015 - 04:36 PM

This is quickly giving me grey hairs !!!!  My truck quit today on the way home today and the guy at my bank wont be in till wed so I am out of luck for two days till I can get this figured out.  when it rains it pours !!!

• trowel and Cvans have said thanks

#19 trowel OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted April 20, 2015 - 04:47 PM

Yes it does, yes it does. I wish I could help you Pete, I really do.

#20 JBRamsey OFFLINE  

• Member No: 61995
  • 887 Thanks
  • 545 posts

Posted April 20, 2015 - 08:47 PM

I feel your pain. My truck caught on fire in January. I have always has two or three or more running cars & trucks around but last fall I got rid of all my clunkers and was down to just my truck. I called a buddy who sells cheap cars on the side. He brought me a car and refused to take any money. Told me to bring it back when I got something else. The fire is what led to my Used Truck Deal Gone South post. Now I have an even better truck.

It will work out.
  • Cvans said thank you

#21 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,342 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted April 20, 2015 - 09:19 PM

Good luck with it.  The 5.3 is a VERY potent engine.  I loved the performance I got from my 06 extended cab 4x4 Sierra with the 5.3.  Only thing I didn't like is it started to get the infamous 5.3 oil consumption problem a year after I bought it.  It would burn two quarts a month.  I would REALLY watch the oil level closely and keep it changed every 3000 miles religiously.  With the miles on the one you are looking at it is right in the range when they start to burn it.  I am not trying to scare you away as I loved my Sierra, just something you should be aware of and watch.

Something I find interesting is the full size trucks now days get as good or better mileage as a mid size does and will do more while doing it.  My Sierra got 19 mpg on the highway while pulling a trailer and 21-22 empty.  My Duramax powered 3/4 ton will get 26 on the highway with no load and 15-16 pulling our 35 ft 5th wheel camper.