• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Lmiller3358 OFFLINE  

Lmiller3358

• Member No: 5109
  • 1,332 Thanks
  • 1,316 posts

Posted April 19, 2015 - 07:36 AM

Went to pick up pizza. Me and little girl in the truck. Loaded her up and the pizza hopped in the truck and moved forward my street parking without looking around at all. I dont street park much so i usually cut my wheels and edge up a little and look back. Guess i edged up too far. My bumper edged out enough to graze the side of a passing minivan.

Put a scuff down the side of a 1980s caravan. Put a little scuff on my bumper. Nothing major Gave the guy a 100 dollar bill as a stupid tax on my part shook hands and called it even.

No big deal...but could of been....I'm really upset. I'm always so careful and one moment of not paying attention could of changed people's lives. I feel awful. I've been in wrecks before. My fault and other people's fault. Never shook up like this before. With the kids and stuff. I feel awful.

Must be a take out thing ,,, I was picking  up Chinese food last night in my Caravan and had a passing SUV try to exchange mirrors just after I parked, no damage to either one , both folded away !

• MH81 and Sawdust have said thanks

#17 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,206 Thanks
  • 28,581 posts

Posted April 19, 2015 - 07:41 AM

Must be a take out thing ,,, I was picking  up Chinese food last night in my Caravan and had a passing SUV try to exchange mirrors just after I parked, no damage to either one , both folded away !

I plan on using these stories next time my wife want to just order in.
Thank you.
  • Lmiller3358 said thank you

#18 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,777 Thanks
  • 4,299 posts

Posted April 19, 2015 - 10:40 AM

And you are just a "youngster"! Wait a few years and these things will bother you even more!

• MH81 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#19 JBRamsey OFFLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 971 Thanks
  • 585 posts

Posted April 20, 2015 - 08:50 PM

And you are just a "youngster"! Wait a few years and these things will bother you even more!

Yep, when you are young you think you are invincible and have a lot of years to go.. The. You wake up one day and realize that you have more days behind you than in front of you. And you don't want anything stupid taking them away faster.

#20 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,222 Thanks
  • 5,065 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 02:30 PM

Yep, when you are young you think you are invincible and have a lot of years to go.. The. You wake up one day and realize that you have more days behind you than in front of you. And you don't want anything stupid taking them away faster.

I realized that at 21 when I rolled a car 8 times into a telephone pole.  I learned that day that I am mortal..

#21 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 06:53 PM

I realized that at 21 when I rolled a car 8 times into a telephone pole.  I learned that day that I am mortal..

Where you eating pizza then too

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#22 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,222 Thanks
  • 5,065 posts

Posted April 23, 2015 - 07:08 AM

Where you eating pizza then too

No pizza.  Had just dropped a girl off at her house at 4am.  I wasn't drinking(didn't drink at all that night) but I was in a hurry to get home, and well, was driving a little fast on an early spring morning.  Well actually way too fast.  I was well over 100 when it happened.  The car I was driving would red line in 5th at 157 mph.