• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 604 posts

Posted April 24, 2015 - 09:20 AM

here is what was left of the seat pan on that tractor. 

:bigrofl: Dang, now that is rusted!!  Patch her up with some welded in plate, squirt some paint on her and take off.

#32 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • 310 Thanks
  • 604 posts

Posted April 24, 2015 - 09:25 AM

well, I can't believe it.  I really can't.  I hooked a temp fuel tank on that tractor she started right up.  the steering was seized up.  got it some what loose, I fired it up and took it for a drive.  all 4 gears work, high low works, power lift works, both pto's work, power to head lights, needs an ignition fix.  have to jump it from battery to starter solenoid but I think I am going to save her for sure.

On one of my 916's the steering was froze up pretty bad. I lifted the front off the ground, greased everything including the sterring gear and kept turning the steering wheel back and forth until it was free. Now it is good to go.

#33 Sdhdcouple OFFLINE  

Sdhdcouple
  • Member No: 44143
  • 143 Thanks
  • 153 posts

Posted April 24, 2015 - 12:37 PM

I had another seat pan, got it on.  wasn't the greatest but better than that one.  my steering is stuck right at the gear, not the butterfly side but the round steering gear at the opposite end of the steering wheel.  I hosed it good with penetrating oil and got it to move.  lol takes two hand to turn.  but driving it around turning it, stopping spraying and ride it again.  she is starting to get loose.  PB blaster is loving me right now.  on my 3rd can of penetrating oil on this tractor.  lol

#34 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • 310 Thanks
  • 604 posts

Posted April 24, 2015 - 02:38 PM

I had another seat pan, got it on.  wasn't the greatest but better than that one.  my steering is stuck right at the gear, not the butterfly side but the round steering gear at the opposite end of the steering wheel.  I hosed it good with penetrating oil and got it to move.  lol takes two hand to turn.  but driving it around turning it, stopping spraying and ride it again.  she is starting to get loose.  PB blaster is loving me right now.  on my 3rd can of penetrating oil on this tractor.  lol

Mine was the same way. I also found the rubber gas tank strap bound un in the steering gear, not fun to get out with the gears froze up.