22 replies to this topic

#16 gardentractornut OFFLINE  

gardentractornut
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 67198
  • 324 Thanks
  • 322 posts

Posted April 19, 2015 - 08:07 AM

Looks like you got a nice project there! 

#17 Z_Steel OFFLINE  

Z_Steel
  • Member No: 69666
  • 9 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted April 19, 2015 - 12:48 PM

This is the tiller that came with it, will get a better photo today. The cover is rounded instead of flat with the angle like the one in the manual. Is this right for a large frame? I believe it has a bolens decal on it.

Attached Thumbnails

• 0411151255a.jpg

#18 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted April 19, 2015 - 12:49 PM

Looks like a Tubeframe tiller if it is, it wont fit

#19 Z_Steel OFFLINE  

Z_Steel
  • 9 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted April 19, 2015 - 03:01 PM

Thanks bolens1000, I'll get some better pics. If it is a tube frame tiller I will prob be looking to sell or trade it for another attachment or parts for a large frame frame. I read through the section on parts suppliers, is there someone that keeps and inventory of used attachments or do you just have to wait for one to pop up for sale somewhere.

#20 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted April 19, 2015 - 03:08 PM

There's usually alot of used attachments on Craigslist and ebay. Sometimes Rick (Blackjackjake) will have some used attachments for sale as well

• WrenchinOnIt said thank you

#21 Z_Steel OFFLINE  

Z_Steel
  • 9 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted April 19, 2015 - 04:09 PM

I keep a steady eye on CL, but Bolens seem very hard to come by in the south. I'm an hour or so south of Nashville, mostly cub cadet and JD around here.

#22 Austen ONLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 854 Thanks
  • 567 posts

Posted April 19, 2015 - 05:34 PM

Cool project! Looking forward to following along.

#23 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 922 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted April 20, 2015 - 11:42 AM

I will definitely try the marvel oil. I do plan on running it for a little while to see if any problems arise. My plan is to use it to pull logs to the 4 stroke chainsaw mill I'm building. So I figure I would tear it down and do the work to have it ready to haul logs come fall. Am I better off leaving it alone? I realize it's prob never going to be worth what I put in it, but that's still less than half or even a fourth of a new garden tractor and it would pretty much be a new garden tractor. It looks pretty indestructible. I also love to build things so there's that too. If I'm asking for trouble tearing it apart then I'll gladly leave it alone and use it. Just figure if you wait til it goes, more to replace

Tearing it apart is fine. You will find some things that need attention. I think it is up to you if you want to use it as is for now or take it apart. Just remember that if you do a nice job on it then it will be out of commission for some time. They are heavy tough tractors for sure. Deerelope did an outstanding job on his. There more pictures of it somewhere I've seen them on this or some other forum. 

• Deerlope said thank you