• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 06:17 PM

At 9:33AM this morning we received a text from Our youngest Daughter Bailey saying that the High School was in CODE RED Lock Down. I was lying down and my wife Joey yelled thru the house for me to find out what was going on. I called the school only to be told that there was a shooting at Our High School and that all the kids where locked down and safe, but couldn't be told anything else at this time. Joey and I flew over to the school only to be directed to park off school grounds until the all clear was given. After another hour or so we started getting reports that a student had shoot himself in the Commons area between some of the buildings and that he was the only injury at that time. At 12:20PM we were finally allowed to get into a 4 block long line to get Our children out of school with proper ID. We had been in contact with both Our Daughters and knew where they were and that they both were OK thru out this terrible ordeal. Our oldest was to leave school with the rest of her marching band members on their Spring trip to Dallas for the weekend at 10AM and Bailey was going to come home at 3:45PM after school dismissals. I finally got Bailey at around 2PM and then saw Briley off on the trip at 2:20PM. The student that was injured was apparently attempting suicide at school, he did die during the Air Transport to San Antonio.

This has been a very trying time for everyone here in the Seguin, TX area and My PRAYERS go out to the Family who lost a son today and also to all those trying to deal with such a horrible event. May GOD give Us All PEACE and COMFORT thru this ordeal.

• olcowhand, rustyoldjunk, TheFarm2004 and 24 others have said thanks

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 06:25 PM

This is one of the last postings from my wife on FB about the girls.

We finally got our girls from the school lockdown. Happy to see them safe and sound.
Thank you Lord, for your blessings on us... and please have mercy on those less fortunate.

This is a photo of Our girls as Briley, on left gets ready to head for Dallas and Bailey is ready to come home and unwind.

11137086_10204134805872301_3912079776896828923_n.jpg

• olcowhand, rustyoldjunk, MH81 and 11 others have said thanks

#3 propane1 OFFLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,113 Thanks
  • 3,205 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 06:25 PM

I don't know what to say, other than yours and other family's are ok. Why ???? Do these things happen ? Noel
????????
  • Texas Deere and Horse, hamman and tinbender7 have said thanks

#4 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 06:28 PM

So glad the girls are ok, but it's sure sad the boy took his own life.  At least he didn't feel compelled to take anyone else with him.

• TheFarm2004, Texas Deere and Horse, tinbender7 and 5 others have said thanks

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,485 Thanks
  • 39,720 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 06:33 PM

Glad there was no one else involved and the girls are okay! It's sad that kids have to take this route to draw attention to a problem!

• Texas Deere and Horse, tinbender7 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#6 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 06:33 PM

I don't understand the taking of one's own life either, Joey and I make sure we are VERY INTO the daily lives of Our girls and their friends.

• KennyP, tractorgarden, Username and 6 others have said thanks

#7 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,668 Thanks
  • 7,686 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 06:53 PM

I don't understand the taking of one's own life either, Joey and I make sure we are VERY INTO the daily lives of Our girls and their friends.

That's one point right there. How many kids don't have hands on parents. I have to wonder if bullying played a part.

#8 propane1 OFFLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,113 Thanks
  • 3,205 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 06:56 PM

Bulling and other things are very common these days, even here in PEI. About a month ago we had a shooting here at a mall. The 17 year old was shot by the police. He was at the mall and made a call to police that someone was dead behind the mall. So the police showed up and he had many weapons. He was trying to get the police to shoot him so he would not have to kill him self. There was no other person found dead. He was trying to kill him self. , but was only injured by police. . Sorry for the goings on , but had to vent I guess. Had nothing to do with my family. Noel.
  • Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP, JDBrian and 2 others have said thanks

#9 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,034 Thanks
  • 1,127 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 07:19 PM

Gosh Brian, I can't imagine going through that although many years ago my daughter (kid in the avatar) was involved with a lockdown when she was in high school. A phoney gunman report was apparently called in but it was taken very seriously.

I never will understand why people miserable with life have to drag a lot of innocent folks into what they think is a solution to it all.

DAC

#10 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,510 Thanks
  • 3,387 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 07:50 PM

The world is a very confused place today, doesn't have to be, but is. God bless your family, glad they're safe.
  • Texas Deere and Horse, tinbender7, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#11 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,585 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 08:12 PM

First of all so very glad your girls are physically ok from this ordeal. Make sure to talk to them to see if the incident left any fears, questions  or mental scars at all. Second, why do these things happen ? I don't think anyone really knows for sure.  From looking at different situations and incidents I 've been around it usually involves some sort of peer pressure. I say usually, but not always. Usually people don't want to intervene in someone else s problems and something or someone who needs to be reported for his or her own safety slips through the system sometimes to a tragic end.  I hope that if a firearm was used that people don't blame the instrument for the event. I hope that people will focus on the person and the reason rather than the instrument used to accomplish their end that they felt was the ultimate way to end the suffering or rejection or persecution they were suffering.

I also pray for the family of the person as well as for the other students and faculty affected here.  Again so very glad your daughters are ok. May God Bless You All.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Roger

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, tinbender7 and 3 others have said thanks

#12 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 08:41 PM

Wow. That  would have scared me half to death.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#13 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 09:44 PM

Brian, I have to agree with Daniel.  I am very thankful the kid didn't decide to go down with many others.  Its bad enough that his mother's heart is broken tonight without having countless others grieving along with her!

Ben W.

• Texas Deere and Horse and hamman have said thanks

#14 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,873 Thanks
  • 3,199 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 10:29 PM

Ditto on what everyone else has said. I'm glad your kids are safe.

#15 Littledeere OFFLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 10:35 PM

Brian, I have to agree with Daniel.  I am very thankful the kid didn't decide to go down with many others.  Its bad enough that his mother's heart is broken tonight without having countless others grieving along with her!

Ben W.

Ben could not have said it better. Thankful you girls are safe Brian