Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Converting hand control to foot control.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 07:20 AM

Yes, I love the use of the MC parts. Very nice fit and not in the way. 

• jdcrawler said thank you

#17 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,165 Thanks
  • 1,720 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 07:26 AM

Ray, can you feel where the retard detent position is on the foot control? Or does this tractor have a travel control valve built in?

This is my wife's tractor and our new property down in Indiana is a little hilly so I put a travel control valve on this shortly after I got it.

When using the pedal for forward and reverse, you can "feel" when it is in the neutral detent position.

One question, is it hard to lift the pedal up to go backwards?

Using the foot pedal for reverse wasn't any problem with my steel toed work boots on.

However, it does take some upward pressure on the pedal for reverse and I think it would make the top of your foot sore with regular shoes on.

I left the hand control lever in place and I found it is easier to use the hand lever for reverse rather than trying to put my  foot under the pedal every time.

So, down for ahead and foot under the pedal to lift up for reverse? Just woundering, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. Noel

That is correct.

The big advantage is the tractor now has much better speed control.

When using the old hand lever, it would stay in whatever speed position that you set it.

You had to take your hand off the wheel and move the lever if you wanted to go slower over a rough area or around something.

Pushing down on the pedal controls the forward speed and if I want to slow down I just let up on the pedal and the return spring pulls the pedal back up.

T speed back up, I just push the pedal down again and I never had to take my hand off the steering wheel.

• MH81, wvbuzzmaster, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#18 propane1 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 54307
  • 5,875 Thanks
  • 3,111 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 07:59 AM

Just like my ford. Foot pedal hydro on it. I like it better than the stick ones. Noel
  • jdcrawler and wvbuzzmaster have said thanks