- - - - -

1944 briggs model I N.O.S.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,341 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted April 15, 2015 - 08:55 PM

I don't know exactly where to post this so I will put it here.  The township I work at is putting some things for sale on Municibid.  One of those things is a Briggs Model I engine that has never been used.  I did some research into the model I's and it says they were used heavily in military applications for generators.  This would make sense as it is painted in Olive drab and has the front housing for a generator on it and is covered in cosmoline.  I checked the serial number on it and it shows that it was built in March of 1944.  There is a military tag on the engine that says to the effect that it is "approved for storage" and the date on that tag is typed April 8th 1944.  So we are confident that the engine has never been used for anything and just in storage all these years.  It is dusty but I rubbed a small spot on the tank with oil and it brought the shine and color back to the paint on it.  I thought I would post it here to help garner interest in it as I would like to see it go to someone that can appreciate it.

Here is a link to the auction.  It starts on monday morning.

• hamman, CRFarnsworth, Talntedmrgreen and 3 others have said thanks

• Member No: 10038
  • 4,676 Thanks
  • 4,224 posts

Posted April 16, 2015 - 04:20 AM

Very nice old B & S!

#3 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,052 Thanks