Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

any love for kids here? I need some help!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 accidentalchild OFFLINE  

accidentalchild
  • Member No: 68112
  • 365 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted April 14, 2015 - 03:05 AM

My mother-inlaw was nice enough to take our two kids to Phoenix with them. Payless car rental did some horrible things. I want to let the company know that we will not allow that to happen.
  • hamman and tinbender7 have said thanks

#2 accidentalchild OFFLINE  

accidentalchild
  • 365 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted April 14, 2015 - 03:27 AM

Sorry guys. I can't figure out how to correct the spelling on my post.
My mother inlaw had a horrible experience with payless car rentals.
my daughter is awesome but she requires a wheelchair most of the time. She has more love in her little body than anyone could conceive, she takes after her mom, lol.
They denied my mother in law the SUV that she rented and forced her into a rig that would not allow a wheelchair. I will post the whole story later. I just ask that you not support this company until they act like one.
  • Texas Deere and Horse, hamman, JDBrian and 4 others have said thanks

#3 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,781 Thanks
  • 4,302 posts

Posted April 14, 2015 - 04:06 AM

Contact the Better Business Bureau in that city and explain what happened.

• hamman, tinbender7, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#4 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,473 Thanks
  • 5,009 posts

Posted April 14, 2015 - 04:25 AM

There are laws concerning people with disabilities. Unfortunately I don't know who you would contact except your local states attorney. 

What your Mother in-law and Daughter went through was inexcusable.

• hamman, tinbender7, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 14, 2015 - 05:09 AM

Some rental companies in Canada have been investigated for insurance fraud and charging clients for non existent damage etc. A bunch of crooks in some cases. Just plain ignorant and insensitive in the case of your daughter. It may not be the entire Payless organization but the individuals you dealt with. It seems some sort of human rights investigation would be needed to get to the bottom of it. I'm not sure where you would go for that in your state.

• hamman, tinbender7, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#6 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted April 14, 2015 - 06:54 AM

Your MIL needs to contact their district manager and inform him that they are in violation of the "Americans with Disabilities Act", and that if the promised SUV isn't supplied, she WILL get in contact with the nearest office of the Attorney General.

If it was me that they did that to, I'd also mention that "Cute little handicapped girl and the evil Corporation" makes great fodder for the local TV news people. 

• Gtractor, hamman, tinbender7 and 6 others have said thanks

#7 accidentalchild OFFLINE  

accidentalchild
  • 365 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted April 14, 2015 - 07:35 AM

Thanks guys I did mention to the company that I was considering calling the local news five days ago. They asked me to allow their customer service rep the opportunity to fix this. What they did was completely close the complaint all together without talking to me or my mother-in-law. I will be contacting the BBB and the ADA folks. I have also posted on Facebook and Twitter about this company. The manager said to my mother-in-law if you call anywhere else to complain they will just send you back to me.
  • hamman, tinbender7, Cvans and 2 others have said thanks

#8 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,626 Thanks
  • 2,579 posts

Posted April 14, 2015 - 08:32 AM

So the manager has said that he is the last one in line eh........ well his name should be first on the list for the Attorney General of that and your state. You can file a complaint in the state you live as well as the state that the offense against the Americans with Disabilities Act was committed ! This unfortunately is not a random incident and it happens all to often. Sorry this happened to your family. I certainly would not let this drop . I would be telling any and every one that will listen and probably on the sidewalk in front of their business.  Good Luck.                                                              

• tinbender7, Cvans, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#9 accidentalchild OFFLINE  

accidentalchild
  • 365 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted April 14, 2015 - 08:40 AM

I am not gonna let this drop.I started a Twitter account as well so I could reach more people.
  • hamman said thank you

#10 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,867 Thanks
  • 2,789 posts

Posted April 14, 2015 - 08:50 AM

That is awful treatment, the newspaper is a great place to even up .

• accidentalchild said thank you

#11 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted April 14, 2015 - 09:44 AM

I've never heard of this company.  I do think you need to contact the attorney Generals office in AZ and report them so they can investigate it.  Could be they are in violation of other laws as well.

#12 Rainier OFFLINE  

Rainier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 53758
  • 375 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted April 14, 2015 - 09:45 AM

Thanks guys I did mention to the company that I was considering calling the local news five days ago. They asked me to allow their customer service rep the opportunity to fix this. What they did was completely close the complaint all together without talking to me or my mother-in-law. I will be contacting the BBB and the ADA folks. I have also posted on Facebook and Twitter about this company. The manager said to my mother-in-law if you call anywhere else to complain they will just send you back to me.

Throw them under the bus, do not wait to go to the news paper. The damage is done and there's not a damm thing that the service rep can do to fix it.

#13 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,230 Thanks
  • 5,071 posts

Posted April 14, 2015 - 09:52 AM

Old buzzard has the best idea.  Turn into a media event.  Contact the local news in that area.  Explain what happened, and let it explode.

That is a very horrible story.  Little girl, adult, elderly, it doesn't matter.  No one should be denied a rental vehicle if available.  That is awful

#14 accidentalchild OFFLINE  

accidentalchild
  • 365 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted April 14, 2015 - 10:08 AM

Here is the experience in my mother-in-laws words.Attached File  Payless Car Rental ExperienceApril 8(1).docx   10.1KB   36 downloads
  • MH81 said thank you

#15 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,230 Thanks
  • 5,071 posts

Posted April 14, 2015 - 11:04 AM

You know.  Looking back and thinking when I went to Vegas with my ex wife we reserved a car through payless car rental through travelocity.  They quoted us like 29.95 a day for unlimited mileage.  We had a huge disagreement that resulted in me getting very angry and yelling like a moron in the airport.  It was 29.95 a day, he wouldn't honor that price, ect ect, their was fees and taxes..blah blah blah.  Very horrible company.  We walked out, took a cab to our motel, which was 30 dollars.  Spent maybe 20 bucks in bus passes for the 2 weeks we were there, and then 30 dollars back the air port. We saved money in the long run but I sure was angry.  And I don't like being angry.  Course I was 10 years younger and was probably angry more then.

http://www.consumera...car_rental.html

Seems like a lot of people have the same complaints as your MIL.

Below is one posted from the Phoenix one just today!  Sounds like they are con artists.

On March 3rd, 2015 we visited Phoenix, Arizona with another couple. The other couple had arranged for a full size rental car from 4:00pm on March 3rd to 1:00pm on March 8th (less than four days). At the check-in counter, the Payless rep. told them that four adults with our luggage would not fit in a car that size. He then suggested that he could upgrade us into a small Ford SUV for a very good price as someone had just cancelled the rental on that vehicle. The rep also convinced this elderly couple that it would be best if Payless filled their gas tank upon their return because fuel was cheaper with them than it was any where in the Phoenix area.

When told that they were unsure if they would even use a full tank of fuel, the rep said if they did not use that much fuel, they would be reimbursed for what they did not use. This was obviously a deliberate lie! Every year I rent a vehicle for four days from another company in Nevada and the total costs is approximately $150.00 to $160.00 dollars. Imagine my surprise when our total bill was $600.00! That is $150.00 a day. We feel that we were intentionally lied to and taken advantage of because of the greed of this company. I will never recommend this company to anyone and would advise everyone to stay away from using this company. It appears they will easily lie and cheat the American consumer for sake of the almighty dollar!!

Edited by toomanytoys84, April 14, 2015 - 11:06 AM.

• MH81, Cvans, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks