16 replies to this topic

#16 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,456 Thanks
  • 6,345 posts

Posted April 19, 2015 - 10:45 AM

This seems like much newer tractor than a 990. Can't see much in pix, but looks like a Vertical shaft?? Smaller, say 15 hp?  Older ones had breakers in them that went bad, right in the big battery lead, might check for one, or fuses?  Almost seems like no battery power to switch to operate all these things thru it?  Other safety switches good, like on clutch and trans in N type things? You really need to find manual for the tractor before diving in and removing or adding things. Should be wire diagrams in it. Check ebay or on here for your model, or maybe something close you can recognize with similar systems.

#17 Mr.tryandfixit OFFLINE  

• Member No: 70334
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted May 07, 2015 - 09:24 PM

I have a troy built pony that is made by mtd . I have had it for a long time and know just about everything about it , seeing how i have fixed almost everything on it one time or another. I know you said earlier that you got it to run but , why did you want to hot wire it the start with ? I had a problem where mine would not turn over , would not do anything at all , I later found out that it has about three safety switches on it. One under the seat , One where you engage the deck and one on the clutch and you have to press it in and hold it while turning the key or it will not crank.