#1 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,711 Thanks
  • 1,720 posts

Posted April 13, 2015 - 10:27 PM

I have a Kwik Way loader, I have had it for years, I was planing on putting it on my John Deere 140 after the track conversion, but I'm still not finished with the conversion and I have another loader that is home built that is a lot heavier/stouter so I'm going to use it instead.

So I have this loader just sitting here, I got it practically free, I got it with the John Deere 140 and 52" hydraulic push blade (all for $300). I don't want to sell the loader because I'm never going to come across another one for that price.

I'm now wanting to put this on my Bolens HT23, I'm going to make quick attach mounts for the loader so I can take it on and off easy since the HT23 is what I mow with. I already have a loader on my Kubota L2000 but I think this will be handy on the HT23 since it is hydrostat.

I guess my question is, will the hydraulics on the HT23 be enough to power the loader??? Or am I needing to ad a hydraulic pump?

I'm not looking to haul a ton of weight, Just as long as it can move a hefty bucket load of dirt and not be as slow as a itch
Thanks for any info

Attached Thumbnails

• Bolens Mower Deck 020.jpg
  • Bolens Mower Deck 022.jpg
  • Bolens Mower Deck 021.jpg
  • Bolens Mower Deck 023.jpg

Edited by BTS, April 13, 2015 - 10:32 PM.

• propane1 said thank you

#2 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,469 Thanks
  • 5,005 posts

Posted April 13, 2015 - 10:39 PM

Those old Kwik-way loader are well built. I don't know of one having been bent up. 

I'm just about positive your going to need a pump for the loader. And if that loader is like the ones I've worked on your going to need some type of oil reservoir also.

• boyscout862 and BTS have said thanks

#3 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,179 Thanks
  • 5,205 posts

Posted April 13, 2015 - 10:44 PM

I have a Kwik Way loader, I have had it for years, I was planing on putting it on my John Deere 140 after the track conversion, but I'm still not finished with the conversion and I have another loader that is home built that is a lot heavier/stouter so I'm going to use it instead.

So I have this loader just sitting here, I got it practically free, I got it with the John Deere 140 and 52" hydraulic push blade (all for $300). I don't want to sell the loader because I'm never going to come across another one for that price.

I'm now wanting to put this on my Bolens HT23, I'm going to make quick attach mounts for the loader so I can take it on and off easy since the HT23 is what I mow with. I already have a loader on my Kubota L2000 but I think this will be handy on the HT23 since it is hydrostat.

I guess my question is, will the hydraulics on the HT23 be enough to power the loader??? Or am I needing to ad a hydraulic pump?

I'm not looking to haul a ton of weight, Just as long as it can move a hefty bucket load of dirt and not be as slow as a itch
Thanks for any info

No.

Edited by wilberj, April 13, 2015 - 10:44 PM.

• boyscout862 and BTS have said thanks

#4 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted April 14, 2015 - 02:38 AM

The hydro won't support the flow necessary to get reasonable use out of a loader. You need an auxiliary pump with a displacement of 0.39 cu-in  (1:1 drive ratio) and 1.5 - 2 gallon reservoir.

• BTS said thank you

#5 1oldbuzz OFFLINE  

1oldbuzz
  • Member No: 61298
  • 257 Thanks
  • 248 posts

Posted April 14, 2015 - 04:27 AM

I also think you won't be able to open the hood

if your grill and hood are 1 piece the hoods going to hit the cross bar on the loader

just a thought

• BTS said thank you

#6 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,711 Thanks
  • 1,720 posts

Posted April 15, 2015 - 12:10 PM

Thanks for the info, I didn't think about opening the hood, I'll remember that when I'm mounting the loader.

I figured I'd need a hydraulic pump, I already have one picked out that I think will work great. I also have several reserve tanks so that shouldn't be a worry either.

This loader is probably going to go on in a month or two, I'm going to get the pump and reserve tank on pretty quick because I have some other plans for hydraulics attachments.

Thanks again everyone :wave:

• propane1 said thank you

#7 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted April 16, 2015 - 12:06 AM

Thanks for the info, I didn't think about opening the hood, I'll remember that when I'm mounting the loader.

I figured I'd need a hydraulic pump, I already have one picked out that I think will work great. I also have several reserve tanks so that shouldn't be a worry either.

This loader is probably going to go on in a month or two, I'm going to get the pump and reserve tank on pretty quick because I have some other plans for hydraulics attachments.

Thanks again everyone :wave:

Get in the habit of parking the bucket in the full dump position on a block of wood or a stand so that the hood will clear the cross member. Mine clears the hood by an inch while operating it, and I can tilt the hood all the way up with the cutting edge on a 6x6 block.

Not all hydraulic applications can do their assigned tasks with the same flow rates. Some you can live with, others will be disappointing, if you're lucky, or result in broken parts if you're not.

• BTS said thank you

#8 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,469 Thanks
  • 5,005 posts

Posted April 16, 2015 - 10:05 AM

I don't recall having any problems with the hood opening on the two tractors we had with Kwik-way loaders. 

• BTS said thank you