• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Killer OFFLINE  

Killer

• Member No: 2320
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted March 19, 2011 - 01:43 PM

hello members, I'm a new member with some mechanical questions. First of all I have a Case/Ingersol 648 compact front loader. Recently, apon becoming frustrate with my new purchase,not running well, leaking oil everywhere,I put it outside for a while to regroup my thoughts on whats wrong. When I finally brought it back in my shop,now the oil was gushing out of my real end. Apon further inspection,I realized now there is a huge chunk of cast iron broke out of the bottom of the casing. First question,does anyone have any ideas on how this could happen? Ice build up maybe? There was water in the oil.I'm a very good welder and could fix the casting,but if I could find another rear end it would be easier to replace than repair. Which brings me to my next question, does anyone know where I could get one? I've dealt with Brian Hildreth of Salem Products for my recent parts, and he is a super guy! But I thought I would check with you before I talk to him. Any help would be greatly appeciated.
Yours Truly,
Killer

#2 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted March 19, 2011 - 04:09 PM

Ouch. A new casting will be super expensive. I would just weld the one you have. Does both high/low still work? It could be ice but there is a problem the factory had with weak bolts that would jam between the gear and case and pop a hole.

In the end it is worth it. I was going to sell mine when it wasnt working right. Didnt have any travel power. Had it on craigslist for a few hours and rethought it. Got it working with a couple hundred in parts. The engine still needs a tune up but its a great machine. Just used it today. You will be happy in the end.

Brian is a good guy. Quick shipper.