#1 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted March 19, 2011 - 11:00 AM

blower 004.jpg Posted Imageauger and fan spin correct direction.

Attached Thumbnails

• blower 010.jpg
  • blower 002.jpg

Edited by tractorgarden, March 19, 2011 - 11:16 AM.

#2 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,077 Thanks
  • 1,446 posts

Posted March 19, 2011 - 12:28 PM

By looking at your pics the rotation of the auger fan should be turning clockwise looking into the blower.The reason for this is that your discharge chute is more to the left of the blower and the fan auger has to turn clockwise in order for it to throw the snow straight up into the discharge chute.Too me the scoops should be inverted so that they catch and hold the snow and throw it upwards better into the discharge chute. The other thing is that piece of bent metal as well as part of the metal is blocking the snow from getting into the fan auger.The pictures of that area is not the best but from what I can tell I'am sure this is what your problems are. The other thing with it bunching snow up like that it looks like its turning the wrong way.It looks like the auger's are pushing the snow out in front rather then pulling it into the blower.To be perfectly honest I'am pretty sure it turning the wrong way. .The reason I say this is because on one of my front mount blowers that I've modified to fit onto the front of a different tractor,I've had to buy and install a reversing gear box to change the direction of the input shaft in order for it to work.Larry

Edited by massey driver, March 19, 2011 - 12:48 PM.

#3 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted March 19, 2011 - 12:41 PM

Good eye, it came from the factory with a counter clock wise fan , must have been made on a friday. lol I have been talking with the company, The skid steer blowers had a ccw rotation fan.

#4 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted March 19, 2011 - 03:44 PM

It indeed looks as if the intake augers are turning the wrong direction, but everything turns the correct direction. Yes Larry the the scoops are backwards,It brings a 110 H.P. Deere to the brink of stalling, blows the snow back through the intake augers and piles up. The fan is for a right hand chute,counter clockwise rotation, came from the factory this way opps. I am the third owner since new, I know the other owners, I got a good deal :confuse:. Funny stuff happens, lol Shawn:bigrofl:

Edited by tractorgarden, March 19, 2011 - 04:33 PM.
brainfart

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 21, 2011 - 02:26 PM

It indeed looks as if the intake augers are turning the wrong direction, but everything turns the correct direction. Yes Larry the the scoops are backwards,It brings a 110 H.P. Deere to the brink of stalling, blows the snow back through the intake augers and piles up. The fan is for a right hand chute,counter clockwise rotation, came from the factory this way opps. I am the third owner since new, I know the other owners, I got a good deal :confuse:. Funny stuff happens, lol Shawn:bigrofl:

That's hilarious. Passes on over three owners. I don't think I have to guess for their reasoning for selling it LOL. Hopefully you get the right fan sent to you and get her blowing like a champ :D

#6 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 21, 2011 - 02:39 PM

Shawn, Can you flip the fan around, on air blowers we have at work, we can flip them over to use same hub and blades in other direction.

From what I see in the picture,I don't think you can ..

#7 zr600 OFFLINE  

zr600

• Member No: 4208
  • 1 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted June 18, 2011 - 09:21 PM

Wow how old is that? Suprised nobody esle caught that before. It sure isn't blowing the snow to far for a two stage.