• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mshrauger OFFLINE  

Mshrauger
  • Member No: 36628
  • 46 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted April 13, 2015 - 10:01 AM

This past weekend was the first one we have had in about three months that I didn't have snow sitting somewhere on my property. That means its time to start working on the Panzer again! 

I was wondering what kind of battery does everyone use on their Panzer. I have a t758es and was told I needed a full size car battery but someone else said I could use a regular garden tractor battery. I know that the electrical system is basically an auto system so i'm leaning toward the car battery. Any thoughts? 

I am in process on the paint as well. I'm just doing a rattle can restore for now. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.  

Mark

• tinbender7 and panzersarebest have said thanks

#2 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted April 13, 2015 - 10:44 AM

This past weekend was the first one we have had in about three months that I didn't have snow sitting somewhere on my property. That means its time to start working on the Panzer again! 

I was wondering what kind of battery does everyone use on their Panzer. I have a t758es and was told I needed a full size car battery but someone else said I could use a regular garden tractor battery. I know that the electrical system is basically an auto system so i'm leaning toward the car battery. Any thoughts? 

I am in process on the paint as well. I'm just doing a rattle can restore for now. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.  

Mark

Mark;

A garden tractor battery will do just fine and fit under the seat like it's supposed to. Make sure you get a battery with the terminals situated next to the right-rear fender with the negative terminal toward the back.  I use Sears Die Hard Gold batteries for the extra cranking power but you can get away with less than that.

AL

• tinbender7, boyscout862 and Mshrauger have said thanks

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted April 13, 2015 - 03:59 PM

Many older tractors used a smaller than car size, yet much bigger than GT ones sold now.  I never see them around any more. They seemed more durable. If you buy a GT one, make sure it is bigger crank power like 340 or more. Walmart and others usually have the little ones for less than 200 amp and they are weak and don't last. Might have to go to an auto store or GT shop to get the bigger ones. They still run close to $50 for good one. Used to be able to get a small car battery for $29.95 for many years, but even the cheapest now are $50 or more.

#4 Bill 76 OFFLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,641 Thanks
  • 1,057 posts

Posted April 13, 2015 - 06:08 PM

Northern tools has interstate battery's on sale right now,think it's only in store  cus I cound not find it on line but their flyer say there on sale.

#5 grattone ONLINE  

grattone
  • Member No: 66237
  • 222 Thanks
  • 167 posts

Posted April 13, 2015 - 08:07 PM

I have a 230 > from Tractor Supply in mine, with no problems.

#6 Mshrauger OFFLINE  

Mshrauger
  • Member No: 36628
  • 46 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted April 18, 2015 - 10:10 AM

So I went ahead and got a sears gold. A friend of mine has an Ace Hardware and he got me a deal on it. It will be a wile before I get to use it. My tractor is currently tires and a frame and a bunch of parts set out for painting. I'm Hoping to get some pics up but with overtime at work and two boys under two at home I'm lucky to find time to do anything.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: panzer, battery, paint