• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Beeramid OFFLINE  

• Member No: 69476
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted April 13, 2015 - 01:20 AM

Hello, this if my first post here!

I've been working on this mower, and having work done on this mower of the past couple of weeks. I had the hydro transmission off for an oil change, it was having some issues, which are hopefully resolved. When I got it put back in, I had to fight with trying to get the belt back on and routed correctly, thought I had it, took mower for test drive, eventually I noticed the belt was not around the engine pulley.

I tried everything I could think of to get it back on without having to remove the deck again, just had it straightend out and adjusted by a pro. So, I ended up loosening a sliding (adjustable) pulley, got the belt around it, and tightened it back up, but it moved. I know the belt tension is adjusted automatically by a spring and the belt seems to have adequate tension.

Did I make a mistake, should I pull the deck off and move the pulley back where it was?

#2 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,449 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 13, 2015 - 05:50 AM

Welcome to GTT. I do not know the answer to your question but you can download the manual from our Manuals Section. Here it is:  http://gardentractor...42-s1742-s2046/    Good Luck, Rick

#3 crittersf1 ONLINE  

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,117 Thanks
  • 5,668 posts

Posted April 13, 2015 - 07:46 AM

#4 Beeramid OFFLINE  

• Member No: 69476
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted April 13, 2015 - 10:03 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

Boyscout, I appreciate the link for the manual, it doesn't have install instructions for the traction drive belt. I put one on my Dad's husqvarna last summer, it was a piece of cake, the Scotts isn't nearly as user friendly.

I test drove the mower today, it seemed to move just fine, even with that pulley in a different position. I figure I'll just move it back when I change the belt. I'm hopefully good to go now, hydro was back to normal after an oil change, happy about not having to rebuild that thing at this time.

I'm still wondering about that pulley though!