52 replies to this topic

#46 zippy1 OFFLINE  

zippy1
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 50881
  • 610 Thanks
  • 383 posts

Posted April 21, 2015 - 11:37 PM

Might want to check the fuse, possibly blown out. They are on the bottom of the dash tower.

Or a ground issue. 

• hamman said thank you

#47 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,630 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 09:16 AM

BNK that looks great !  Thanks for the kind words. I'm not sure that I have the money to make this one look that pretty. I just want it to run good and move without a problem. Going to get the parts today. Will have some time later this week after Dr. appointments and such.                      Thanks                                Roger

#48 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,630 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 05:33 PM

Well......... parts were not there.......???? Guy said they were there last week but not now. 60 miles round trip and, oh well. Took the PTO switch apart and found rust, rust, rust and broken springs and did I mention rust? I went to the hardware and got another spring and cut it to length. One of the ball bearings to let the switch inside slide side to side was good as well was the spring. I had to drill the back of the switch to get the rusted ball bearing out and what was left of the spring. cleaned all the contacts and after three attempts got it back together. Have to wait until tomorrow to try it have to go pull a 5th wheel home for a friend tonight so the evening is pretty shot. New flex disc and fan will be in end of the week. (ya I heard the before).   LOL                                                 Roger

• KennyP said thank you

#49 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,630 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted April 23, 2015 - 01:33 PM

Had a chance to put the newly reworked PTO switch in today. Good news is that it works  ...... Well sort of ? Now when I put the wires on it and turn the ignition switch on it tries to start right away ...... without turning the key to the start position. It will stop when I turn the switch off but just wants to try to start at the on position. I was hoping that I could fix this and save some money ....... must have a couple of contacts inside the switch touching each other.   Will have to wait until later to get the new one and see what is what.                                                                                                                                                            Roger

#50 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted April 23, 2015 - 01:40 PM

The hour meter does have an internal solenoid to pull a lever that winds the clock.  It pulls every so many seconds, but inbetween pulls, the clock works off the windup.

• hamman said thank you

#51 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,630 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted April 24, 2015 - 05:13 PM

Found a used PTO switch here locally and got it and put it in and it works. Now to just put the tank back on and some gas to get it running again. Still have to wait until next week for the flex joints.    Getting closer.                                                                                                                                              Roger

• trowel and EricR have said thanks

#52 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,630 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted May 04, 2015 - 04:37 PM

New used PTO switch works great. haven't started it yet because of the flex discs. Took the drive shaft out today. Had  a little problem, but got it out. Been talking to the guys on the Only Cub Cadet forum and they are a great bunch of guys also. I've learned a lot here and over there. I was afraid I was going to have to pull the motor to get the shaft out but they showed me how to do that with out removing the motor. Here are some pictures of the shaft and parts after removal. had to make a punch that would drive the pins out but after that it came out pretty good.

DSCF9271.JPG

parts of the drive shaft

DSCF9272.JPG

rear bushing and coupler. Broken and I think will need to be repalced

DSCF9273.JPG

front bushing ( engine) and it will have to be replaced

DSCF9279.JPG

engine end of the drive shaft with a werar mark on it. may have to replace it also.

Thanks                                                                                                                                                                         Roger

#53 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,630 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted May 19, 2015 - 04:18 PM

Dealer called to tell me the drive line parts ( bearings and flanges) are in. Will get them picked up later this week. Will be glad to get it running to give it a good shake down ride to see what else needs to be done. If all goes well I probably will look for a mower deck for it next year. This large frame GT is beginning to grow on me. Pictures after I get the parts and get the drive shaft back in.        

Roger