#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,580 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 07:44 PM

.......... and I have no knowledge of these IHC Cub Cadet tractors. A friend and businessman said he had a tractor he wanted me to come and get. If it runs after I get it home we can talk price. He said it will run just needs some TLC because it has been in the barn for 10 - 12 years. We went to get it today and brought it home. He told me it has a hydro lift (?) wouldn't know because it's a new tractor to me. It's a 1650 Hydro drive. Here are some pics of it as it sits out of the barn. I have the battery charger on it and as soon as it charges I am going to try to start it. So far oil looks ok ( Dark) and gas tank looks ok. Information needed and possible estimate of value. There is no deck and does not have a rear lift that I can see. Thanks. Roger

DSCF9162.JPG

DSCF9154.JPG

DSCF9155.JPG

DSCF9168.JPG

DSCF9163.JPG

• Alc, wvbuzzmaster, tinbender7 and 9 others have said thanks

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 07:47 PM

Appears to be in good shape. If it runs and drives a couple hundred wouldn't be unreasonable.

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, April 12, 2015 - 07:47 PM.

• hamman, tinbender7 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 JBRamsey ONLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 972 Thanks
  • 587 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 07:52 PM

I would go look around the barn for more parts and the deck. If it did have a hydraulic lift the. He may have some implements hidden away in corner or in the weeds.
  • hamman, tinbender7, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#4 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,531 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 08:26 PM

That should be a very good tractor. Checkout the manuals  http://gardentractor...1650-operators/   and  http://gardentractor...50-service-man/  .

• hamman said thank you

#5 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,580 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 08:34 PM

After checking it out after dinner it does not have the hydro lift on it. It is an electric lift. The battery he gave me is no good so I wasn't able to try to start it. I cleaned off the dash and I don't think it as old as he thought. I also believe it came originally with side panels on the engine.

I ask him if he had any attachments or the deck and he said no the deck was no good , it quit working so he threw it out. !!??  I will have another look at it tomorrow or Tuesday. Thanks.                                                                                                                                                                Roger

• tinbender7 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#6 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,531 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 08:49 PM

Side panels are often missing.   http://www.ebay.com/...=item1c5122dcb9

• hamman said thank you

#7 diesel nut ONLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 496 Thanks
  • 316 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 08:51 PM

Nice looking machine. I have the same model.  They were made from Oct. of '74 to June of '80.  It does have hydraulic lift, that's what the lever sticking out of the right side of the dash tower is for.  It also has an electric pto clutch.  They did come with side panels and also there was baffles and heat shields all over the top of the engine and muffler that are missing.  They should be replaced as they put the hot air out the front on the tractor when its running.  I can get a couple pics of what they look like off mine in the morning if you want.  You also might want to check the motor mounts because they break down over the years and get loose causing the engine to bounce around and wipe out the aluminium oil pan.  Like wvbuzzmaster said if you can get it to run and drive easy it's probably worth a couple hundred even with the missing parts.  Hope this helps.                 Stewart

• hamman, wvbuzzmaster, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#8 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,580 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 09:05 PM

Thanks Stewart. I have noticed that the flex plate coupler from the engine to the shaft is in sad shape also. When I get a chance I will look at it more closely. If you would get a picture or 2 of the baffles I would appreciate it. What would a rear lift entail? Are they available and are they expensive. Does it have to have the side panels to operate properly or would the baffles suffice? Are the flex couplers available or can I make one? Does this serial number give you any indication of date of manufacture? DSCF9157.JPG

Lots of questions but these are new to me Thanks.                                                                                                                       Roger

#9 diesel nut ONLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 496 Thanks
  • 316 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 09:38 PM

I'll get some pics when I get back to work in the morning.  That serial number puts it mid year of '75.  They started with ser. # 536073 and ended with 572839.  The rubber flex disk on the drive shaft is available from Cub Cadet still.  I wouldn't recomend trying to make one because they're like a tire and have cords in the middle for strength.  There is also a plate with a bearing behind it that bolts onto the engine that holds the end of the drive shaft and has 2 bolts that go into the disk, if your going to have it apart to fix the disk you should probably get a new one of those too because most of the ones I've seen have been bad too.  If you can get the baffles for the engine it should be fine to run without the side panels.  Here's a pic of the rear lift i found off ebay.  Its for an earlier model but they had the same general appearance.  I didn't see one on ebay that would fit your machine but the models that use the same hitch are 86, 108, 109, 128, 129, 149, 169, 800, 1000, 1200, 1250, 1450, and 1650.  Some of the early 82 series might be the same but I'm not sure on that but all the ones I listed will fit.       Stewart

cc hitch.JPG

• hamman, boyscout862 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#10 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,580 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 09:44 PM

Thanks I appreciate the information.                                                                                                                                                           Roger

#11 Jlaws OFFLINE  

Jlaws
  • Member No: 31172
  • 542 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 09:47 PM

Last 6 digits in the serial number gives the production month / year .

556374 is a May 1975 unit .

Edited by Jlaws, April 12, 2015 - 10:04 PM.

• hamman and boyscout862 have said thanks

#12 Jlaws OFFLINE  

Jlaws
  • Member No: 31172
  • 542 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 09:57 PM

The 1650 is the largest HP cub cadet that they made in that model , and with the hydro lift is a fairly desirable cub .

But if the isomounts , the rubber engine vibration isolators are worn out , it'll shake the  fillings out of your teeth ....LOL

It will also cause the flex couplings to fail prematurely .

I know cause I own a 1450 ....BTDT .

• hamman, boyscout862, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#13 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 10:23 PM

Roger here is a pic of my 1250. They have the same panels, these were their Quiet Line Series tractors. 

get-attachment (12).jpg

• hamman, boyscout862, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#14 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,405 Thanks
  • 39,661 posts

Posted April 13, 2015 - 04:26 AM

Nice 1650 you got there. Hope you can coax it to run!

• hamman said thank you

#15 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,447 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted April 13, 2015 - 05:20 AM

Nice tractor !   Not sure about the deal though ,,,   what do you do if you spend a lot of time and $$ to get it going and he says " yep you can have it a grand now that it's running "  and  you say " No thank you " ?

• MH81, hamman and tractorgarden have said thanks