Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

3pt hitch and box blade search in ontario.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AA Hayes ONLINE  

AA Hayes
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 67383
  • 324 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 06:10 PM

I have decided that my next attachment should be a box blade (box scraper) for my ht20. I will also need to find myself a 3pt hitch to work the blade obviously. Anyone have experience using a read blade with the 3pt hitch on the large frame? Also, anyone in Ontario was these items? I am thinking if I can find a 3pt, I might just brake down and buy myself a nice new heavy build blade. Than my question becomes, what is a decent size, I was thinking 48" seems about right.
  • blackjackjakexxix, boyscout862 and propane1 have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,743 Thanks
  • 7,516 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 06:28 PM

I just used my Earthcavator on the back of my Simplicity 3310 this afternoon to flatten my driveway. It mounts on the back and can drag a decent amount of material. It really depends on what you want to do. The box scraper can drag a bunch of material. A midmount grader blade will do a better job of grading and crowning a driveway. I suggest that you look at some of the articles here. 48" may not be wide enough. The plow for my HT23 is 54". A brinley type hitch may work good enough for you. The 3ph set ups seem to be scarce and expensive. Good Luck, Rick

• blackjackjakexxix and AA Hayes have said thanks

#3 AA Hayes ONLINE  

AA Hayes
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 324 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 06:45 PM

I like the idea of starting with a box blade because, my driveway is hard packed and could be turned to create a nicer surface. Also, my back yard has ruts and pumps and I could use it to resurface that as well. I would also look a mid mount grade, but I think starting with a box blade would be my best option.
I was thinking maybe 60" but I didn't want to over work the mounts on the rear, though I am not to sure on the strength points of the 3pt for the ht20. I will look into the Brinley hitch.

Edited by AA Hayes, April 12, 2015 - 06:46 PM.

• blackjackjakexxix and boyscout862 have said thanks

#4 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,102 Thanks
  • 3,196 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 07:43 PM

48 would be wide enough, it's a little wider than the tractor, right. If you go to big it maybe difficult to pull when you have a bunch of stuff in it. Noel
  • boyscout862 and AA Hayes have said thanks

#5 AA Hayes ONLINE  

AA Hayes
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 324 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 08:57 PM

That was my thoughts with the 48" now to find a 3pt hitch
  • propane1 said thank you