Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,625 posts

Posted April 10, 2015 - 05:34 AM

I saw this listed too big for anything  I have but was wondering if anyone knows the mechanics of all that linkage ?  Would a design like that be a use on a GT ?

http://allentown.cra...4955667454.html

Attached Thumbnails

• 00b0b_53WEtCEqvfX_600x450.jpg
  • 00U0U_3ENSf3VRy8O_600x450.jpg

• Bruce Dorsi, KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#2 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted April 10, 2015 - 05:56 AM

It could be. I have not been around one of those, but i bet I could scale it down.

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted April 10, 2015 - 06:46 AM

I think those are one of stupidest attachments ever thought up!  Have heard of guys digging basements and other big holes with one of those on their Ford 8N many times.  Some can be reversed too it is said. NOT!  Never be one in my garage!

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 10, 2015 - 10:23 AM

I had one of those, a smaller version, on my JDx475 GT. Far from being stupid, they are a poor mans loader. For a few hundred bucks they will allow you to carry material from a pile and spread it. The one I had was a small Cat1 size and I used it to move 2 tandem truck loads of crushed stone to make trails around the property, as well as to put a load of garden soil into the garden. 

The dump is manual, and then when the load is released the position of the pivot is such that the bucket returns to the flat position under it's own power. Crude, yes, effective,yes. The extra bits on the linkage in the picture may have something to do with limiting the bucket from flipping over if you have it on the other way round and are dumping it while moving backwards. That can result in the bucket flipping upside down and then you have to get off the tractor and right it. Heres the one I had being used to move a rock. 

125_2572.JPG

• KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#5 Cat385B OFFLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,752 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted April 10, 2015 - 06:40 PM

Mine is working out just fine. Makes your tractor into a mini scraper. You would have to really scale that one down. A Category 0 3 point is borderline for height necessary to dump one. The one in the ad is a Dearborn or a Blackhawk, maybe.

I think those are one of stupidest attachments ever thought up!  Have heard of guys digging basements and other big holes with one of those on their Ford 8N many times.  Some can be reversed too it is said. NOT!  Never be one in my garage!

Sure beats a shovel and a wheelbarrow.
GL, Walgreens is open until 9 pm or so, if you're running low on your meds.
  • Alc said thank you

#6 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 11, 2015 - 06:41 AM

Mine is working out just fine. Makes your tractor into a mini scraper. You would have to really scale that one down. A Category 0 3 point is borderline for height necessary to dump one. The one in the ad is a Dearborn or a Blackhawk, maybe.

Sure beats a shovel and a wheelbarrow.
GL, Walgreens is open until 9 pm or so, if you're running low on your meds.

I think the one I have is a Worksaver brand. It's a 24" model. The tractor in the picture is a limited Cat 1 3pt. Even so it was barely able to lift high enough to dump it. It needed all of it's 26" arm width to fit and I had to trim the edges of the frame to make it clear the lift arms. 

• Alc said thank you