wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 11, 2015 - 01:20 AM

I had a deal on a slant 6 engine with all the goodies worked out for about $700 that was 1.5 hours from me and I had been calling the guy for a week ahead on Thursday and missed getting him on the phone until a Monday so I told him I had to wait til the next weekend to come get it, and pay, and he agreed since he wasnt going to be home until after dark all through the week. I at the time had joined a Mopar forum that had posted this ad in a CL ad thread, and I had posted that I was almost done with the deal to let others know it was spoken for, just had to go get it that weekend. I had been talking to the seller every couple days like I normally do with these deals and on Thursday before going after it I got a PM on the forum from another member. That member told me that when he contacted the guy he said the engine had sold on and sent me copies of the emails sent between. I called the seller the next day and wouldn't you know it, his wife sold the engine while he wasnt home and he was sorry about that. Classic sellers remorse I think. Interestingly though... I think I gave him a speech on honesty and ones word before getting off the phone with him lol. By the way, he had another slant 6 I could buy. :D
I led him on that I would definitely come look at it on Saturday, and we never spoke again.

These deals suck, move on unless it's rare, and then hire an expert like I do, right Alan lol.

#32 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,752 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted April 11, 2015 - 04:14 AM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=L0MK7qz13bU