9 replies to this topic

#1 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8592
  • 2,515 Thanks
  • 732 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 07:00 PM

Okay I give up where'd they hide the gas tank?

#2 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 2,515 Thanks
  • 732 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 07:04 PM

http://milwaukee.cra...4961215409.html

#3 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 07:06 PM

Between the engine and dash... 

• WrenchinOnIt said thank you

#4 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 09:48 PM

That is a power house if there ever was one.   With that engine probably pulling 40+ HP, I feel bad for the Eaton drive if something gets in the way.

Ben W.

#5 1oldbuzz OFFLINE  

1oldbuzz
  • Member No: 61298
  • 261 Thanks
  • 250 posts

Posted April 10, 2015 - 01:54 AM

Saw this one about 6 months ago

he did have another at the same time

it to have the 4

nice looking machine

#6 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted April 10, 2015 - 05:50 AM

What's the point of this if you don't address the rearend & transmission as well.

#7 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 855 Thanks
  • 567 posts

Posted April 21, 2015 - 07:03 PM

I'll admit, this one peeked my interest enough to contact the seller to find out a little more about the swap. I was curious if the transplant was designed to retain the tractor's full operational capabilities or was built as a show piece and lost some of that.

I Talked with the seller for a while last night, real nice guy. He purchased it at a show where it caught his eye from the fellow that did the engine swap and restoration. He said that it has had a full nut and bolt restoration and the engine has been completely rebuilt. One of the priorities of the restorer was to allow the hood to close with this engine so notches on either side of the hood were made as you can see. When he got it, it did not have any hydraulics installed. He said that he owns other Bolens tractors and has several parts so he installed the hydraulics and the blade. It does not have a PTO system so it cannot run implements that require it like a mowing deck. He's not sure what it would take to make a PTO work with it as he has not looked into doing so. It also does not have a 3pt either.

He said that the engine runs smooth and quite. It only has a 1 gallon fuel tank and admitted that with an engine this large, you're not going to last very long on a tank of fuel. The engine is around 40HP he said. I asked about how the trans is holding up and how it handles the power. He said that because the engine makes so much more torque, you don't need to wind it out very far and believes that it puts less strain on the trans. He has used it some for plowing snow and said it works well for that.

In any case it sounds like it's more of a show/display peice vs. a swap that retained a fully functioning tractor and he also stated that in so many words. I'll admit, projects like mounting a small block 350 on a GT and losing functionality (that is unless you're sled pulling) is not really my thing but this one sparked my curiousity and wondered which direction it was engineered to be.

On a side note, it almost appears to have the longer hood and wheelbase of a 1886 or HT series from the photos but then again I'm not expert. He claims it is a 1476 model, however the hood decals do not sport the model number anymore as you can see. He also said that he just replaced one of the front tires too in case you're wondering why they don't match like they do in the ad photos.

He sent me some additional photos as well.

13_zpsypclyfvj.jpg

B2_zpsoybjj64l.jpg

B1_zpsjx5almpb.jpg

B5_zpsdr9296ou.jpg

B4_zpszylp2wra.jpg

B3_zpsoigwts2n.jpg

B6_zpscmwjitys.jpg

7_zpsiw7gh0fc.jpg

8_zps1slod9ol.jpg

9_zpsgvk557wa.jpg

Edited by Austen, April 21, 2015 - 07:09 PM.

#8 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen
  • 855 Thanks
  • 567 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 10:18 PM

Just wanted to bump this to see what everyone thought of the additional pics. I still think it's a pretty cool machine, even if it's more of a display piece.

Just out of curiosity, can anyone tell if it's in fact a 1476 and not a 1886 or HT? I must admit, my eyes keep telling me that it has the longer hood and wheelbase.

• WrenchinOnIt said thank you

#9 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 2,515 Thanks
  • 732 posts

Posted April 28, 2015 - 08:14 PM

Just wanted to bump this to see what everyone thought of the additional pics. I still think it's a pretty cool machine, even if it's more of a display piece.

Just out of curiosity, can anyone tell if it's in fact a 1476 and not a 1886 or HT? I must admit, my eyes keep telling me that it has the longer hood and wheelbase.

Yes thank you for additional pics, I think it looks to be a pretty decent transformation , I too find it cool.
I believe in pic number eight I see the hole ( threaded) on the right side of the bolster that the brackets that would of held the original location of the front aux. hydro lines ,couple that with the fact that it has the remotes ( front anyways) probably relocated for engine swap leads me to venture a guess that it's an 1886. If it is indeed a longer wheel based LF and has the park-neutral-drive engagement lever , an 1886 is the only one that fits the bill

Edited by WrenchinOnIt, April 28, 2015 - 08:24 PM.

• Austen said thank you

#10 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen
  • 855 Thanks
  • 567 posts

Posted April 28, 2015 - 09:12 PM

Yes thank you for additional pics, I think it looks to be a pretty decent transformation , I too find it cool.
I believe in pic number eight I see the hole ( threaded) on the right side of the bolster that the brackets that would of held the original location of the front aux. hydro lines ,couple that with the fact that it has the remotes ( front anyways) probably relocated for engine swap leads me to venture a guess that it's an 1886. If it is indeed a longer wheel based LF and has the park-neutral-drive engagement lever , an 1886 is the only one that fits the bill

Nice observations.

Wonder what it would take to remount or adapt a PTO on it?