trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 11:23 AM

Well, at the moment I am operating.

I locked down my bank and found out it is over drawn, I was using the malware program Kenny posted but it stopped working so I contacted the tech who connected with my computer and when through my system. She stated to bring the computer to Geeksquad or the online tec so I will be down for a while until this is figured out.

What I find interesting is my virus protecton program Kaspersky states everything is safe but the google pages are messed up.

#17 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 11:28 AM

Trying the malware you guys advised.

#18 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 11:45 AM

Best thing to do is to always have two accounts setup on the computer. That way you always have the other account you can login as to clean the system. A lot of the viruses will be user based affecting their temporary files and browser files.

• Bruce Dorsi, trowel and Auburn David have said thanks

#19 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 11:51 AM

Rain the malware program, all the google pages are still messed up.

#20 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,290 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 11:58 AM

Do not do the pay thing. It's ransom ware probably.
Malwarebytes, panda or avira, ccleaner, superantispyware...
If REALLY bad, Hirens boot cd.
Make the cd from known good/safe computer. Do a little research, but there are lots of goodies on the cd and those tools helped me save one recently.
  • trowel and Auburn David have said thanks

#21 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 01:57 PM

On a friend's computer now.

Tried rebooting the computer to no avail, lost the computer connection between the computer itself and the modome. It has a viruse for sure now and is rendered usless until i can afford to have it fixed.

If things could not get any worse, it does.

#22 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,559 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 02:40 PM

If it is the ransom Malware then you are screwed!  From what I know there is nothing that will clean that off except a fresh OS install after reformatting the HDD. It encrypts your files and with out the key you can't get at them. Just ask Boston PD all about it.  It got them and they paid the ransom.  The safest thing is to keep a backup of your data (files) off line (Not connected to the computer).  Then if they get you all you have to do is reinstall windows download a ton of updates and then reinstall you files.  If you keep your backup connected to the computer the virus will get the backups as well so then you are double screwed.

• trowel said thank you

#23 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,079 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 02:44 PM

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B006Y5UV4A

Good for backing up.  1TB of space.

Good advice keeping two user accounts.  I have had to do the just reinstall windows option more than once.

• trowel said thank you

#24 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 03:26 PM

On a good note the quick move to lock down on the bank saved my butt, i managed to contact the company the virus purchased from, after some investigating the sum was refunded to me. Now awaiting from the other two. Time to change accounts and passwords.

When i was on the phone with the service tech, she advised me to visit Geeksquad or have a specialized tec from the malware website link up and try to fix the problem. She offered the internal tec as a option but strongly advised me to visit GeekSquad for hands on. I researched the website again and everything checks out including the steps she had me take. After several tries with the malware cleaner and a total system reboot the computer was no longer connected to the internet and my anti viral program was unable to update.

I know for sure were the virus came from now, the online movie website Primewire.ag.

Edited by trowel, April 09, 2015 - 03:26 PM.

#25 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,300 Thanks
  • 2,334 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 05:07 PM

Been using Primewire for a LONG LONG time.Works awesome BUT you HAVE to run Firefox AND AdBlock+ addon or you're gona get hammered by popups and some will install some pretty nasty bugs in your PC if you end up clicking on ANY of the Adds.

Oh BTW Super Anti Spyware was one of the top 10 Virus INFECTED programs you could get back in late 1990's and early 2000s.It would install it's own viruses and browser hijackers and make a Huge mess of your Browsers and Registry.Malware bundled software No Thank You.I'll Never EVER trust that program.

If it's infected with cryptowall you might be better off reinstalling your OS.

I found these guys/gals a Long time ago http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ create an account and make a post.Someone will walk you through what you need to do.

#26 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 05:27 PM

The more i think about it, the more i think you are right, i might of accidentally clicked on one of the ads thinking it was a movie, hard to tell sometimes.

Thanks guys,

After some more heavy research, most on bleepingcomputer i decided to chance it and prompted restart completely removing everything and starting off with everything removed, files, apps, ...everything. At the moment i just reactivated Kalspersky and is updating. Before when i tried to manually update it would stop and pop up errors, now it is at 55 % and climbing which is a very good sign. I will run a scan before any doing anything else.

Checked the history and it is at 0 so cross my fingers, download a trusted malware as what the guys suggested in the last posts and run that.

I may have a running chance.

Edited by trowel, April 09, 2015 - 05:28 PM.

#27 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,151 Thanks
  • 4,498 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 05:33 PM

Like the other said. definitely run Malwarebytes. I would also suggest AVG Antivirus program. It is free or you can buy the updated version. My tech puts it on all the computers he works on before they go out his door. Some of the social media sites are need to be watched real close too. CCleaner is another real good free program to keep your system cleaned up and running like it was designed to run. Good luck with you situation.
  • trowel said thank you

#28 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 05:38 PM

Upload is done, downloading Malwarebytes right now. I like CCleaner and will download that next. Then prompt a clean, carefully walking into this.

I bought Kaspersky in Sept., might as well reinstall it and get my money's worth. I might try AVG next.

Edited by trowel, April 09, 2015 - 05:40 PM.

#29 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,313 Thanks
  • 4,663 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 05:53 PM

Did you ask your jogging partner ? what would us old farts know.  hahahahahahahahaha

WHAAAAA??!?!?!

• trowel said thank you

#30 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 08:14 PM

A update,

The computer seems to be operating well, ran the malware program again and everything looks good. I opened another email just in case.

I want to thank everyone for chipping in, a lot of reading and took all day but I can get back to work on the computer now.

Edited by trowel, April 09, 2015 - 08:14 PM.