#1 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,705 Thanks
  • 8,894 posts

Posted April 08, 2015 - 10:04 PM

As spring rolls in and thoughts of a yard worth envy pop up, the forum here sees an influx of visitors to the site. The last two weeks have shown quite the jump in guests viewing the site. If you folks are trying to find information to help with your spring chores, coax a still hibernating mower back into work mode, or are just reading the threads and articles because they are a topic of interest to you, thank you for stopping by and visiting GTTalk.com.

If you guests have an issue that just isn't quite exactly what you have found from a Google search, or you tried something that you read here and that still didn't help, I have a suggestion. Go ahead and join GTTalk. The registration is easy and costs nothing. We require an email address, but that is only to send you a confirmation email allowing you to register. After that, by setting up your preferences in your profile, you can choose to receive (or not) any correspondence from this site. If you elect not to, you will not receive any further emails from GTTalk. This site exists to talk garden tractors and related stuff, not badger the members.

Go ahead and give membership a try. If you never end up posting anything, you're not out anything. We'd love to get to know you, and help out if we can. You can start the process to join by clicking this link: http://gardentractor...ection=register

To the members of GTT, the reason for this thread: We recently surpassed a milestone that I've been keeping an eye on. We surpassed the previous record of 999 people visiting the site at one time. That information is found at the bottom of the 'Forums' page, if you would like to see for yourself. You have made this happen. This site just keeps getting better, because of you.

George? Not trying for employee of the month or anything; but you rock, dude. :rocker2:

• olcowhand, wilberj, Gtractor and 24 others have said thanks

#2 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted April 08, 2015 - 11:03 PM

Well written and very correct.
Thank you CAT
  • Lmiller3358, trowel, tinbender7 and 2 others have said thanks

#3 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,619 Thanks
  • 7,662 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 07:13 AM

Are you sure this is Cat?

• OldBuzzard, IamSherwood, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#4 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 07:27 AM

Are you sure this is Cat?

Hard to say.  It could be one of two things.

1.  Someone hacked Cat's account and is posting in his name.  if so, George needs to check that out.

2. Cat got ahold of some very good 'special' catnip and it's mellowed him out.  :bigrofl:

• Bruce Dorsi, IamSherwood, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#5 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 10:20 AM

Very well said Cat I agree too

#6 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,240 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 10:48 AM

Agreed.  I came here looking for information on an Ariens GT17 tractor and ended up staying.  Been here awhile now.

I notice a trend on just about any web forum.

New Member, first topic, Need help getting my John deere running, won't start.  Several member posts of Check this check that did you look at this?  They either don't come back, or come back and read the advice, get their mower running and never come reply to say what fixed it or if it is fixed.

Which I guess in it's self is fine, but what drives me crazy is, DID YOU GET IT RUNNING? WHAT WAS IT?  I am emotionally involved in your project after I give some advice, and honestly would like to come work on it with you.  Maybe I'm just crazy

I can't tell you who many times I go online, and type in *insert item here* Not working running, these are the symptoms.  Find a web forum, 4 pages on this topic, great, read, the Original poster has the exact problem I have.  50 posts of what to try, the OP coming back a few times, then not another word.  HOW DID YOU FIX IT?!

• Gtractor and MH81 have said thanks

#7 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,705 Thanks
  • 8,894 posts

Posted May 23, 2015 - 02:01 PM

:watching_you:    Bump    :welcometogttalk: