• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 4500GUY OFFLINE  

4500GUY
  • Member No: 67687
  • 5 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 08:01 AM

Wow,  such an awesome find!!  Must be like going back in time.

Do you have any owners manuals for the Bolens 1050 and attachments?

Thanks for sharing!

- Dave

#17 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 14,630 Thanks
  • 17,964 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 08:32 AM

Wow,  such an awesome find!!  Must be like going back in time.

Do you have any owners manuals for the Bolens 1050 and attachments?

Thanks for sharing!

- Dave

1050 Owners manual :thumbs:

http://gardentractor...-owners-manual/

• 4500GUY said thank you

#18 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 7,108 Thanks
  • 2,324 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 09:36 AM

Thanks for sharing the information - took the liberty of taking a few of the pictures (such as the service bulletin) and putting them into a pdf for easier viewing - you can use the zoom button in Acrobat viewer to make the pages larger.

Attached Files

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#19 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 1,193 Thanks
  • 1,059 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 11:49 AM

Nick that is some awesome information. I've got that hydro-speed scarifier, rock rake, scraper blade assy that you posted a picture of. I could never figure out how to connect it up. If you have any good user guides on it I would love to see it. Here is a few pics of the one I have it looks very much like the one you posted. Thank you for taking the time to do all this.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC07824.JPG
  • DSC07825.JPG
  • DSC07826.JPG
  • DSC07827.JPG
  • DSC09534.JPG
  • DSC09535.JPG

• Bolens 1000, blackjackjakexxix and nglauer have said thanks

#20 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,312 Thanks
  • 937 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 12:37 PM

I also have one of the Hydro-Speed blades. Mine does not include the rock rake or the scarifier, but does have all the other pieces to mount the blade rear, mid, and front on a tubeframe. Not all of the mounting brackets get used for each installation position.
  • Husky, blackjackjakexxix and nglauer have said thanks

#21 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • Member No: 46660
  • 407 Thanks
  • 358 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 01:04 PM

You mentioned the ford's. I owned a 601 selectomatic. 10 forward and 2 reverse. The tranny had just been gone through before I purchased it and they told me that not many people around that can work on them. Great find on the manuals.

My great grandfather serviced the select-o-speeds constantly. I guess they had a rail way company that used the tractors, and used them hard. They had to service them and repair/replace the cast front ends regularly too. I believe they used the tractors to load rail tires

Nick that is some awesome information. I've got that hydro-speed scarifier, rock rake, scraper blade assy that you posted a picture of. I could never figure out how to connect it up. If you have any good user guides on it I would love to see it. Here is a few pics of the one I have it looks very much like the one you posted. Thank you for taking the time to do all this.

I don't have any instruction manuals, just a short brochure. I will try to upload them when i get home tonight. I also found a pull behind Scott seeder manual, a bulletin for the optional deck wheels, and lots of other odd stuff. I also have service bulletins, one of which is about the hood bracket breaking on the earlier model tube frames. This stuff was in one binder. I still have tons to sort through. I'm really not sure what else is in the attic of my garage, only time will tell lol.

Thanks,
Nick
  • Husky and blackjackjakexxix have said thanks

#22 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • 407 Thanks
  • 358 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 01:09 PM

[URL]https://www.camscann...0/w105s16oeg5wl
Shared using #CamScanner/[URL]
  • blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#23 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • 407 Thanks
  • 358 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 08:39 PM

I have attempted to upload the following in PDF format:

The following are under "Bolens Brochures"

Haban Sickle Bar attachment brochure

York Rake RM & RO brochure

Hydro-Speed Attachments (Scraper, Scarifier, Rock Rake) brochure for Bolens Husky 600-800-900 tractors (didn't upload as it is already in there)

Danco BH-700 Loader and accessories brochure for Bolens Husky 600 and 800 tractors

MacKissic Compost Shredder-Grinder model T-B for Bolens 600, 800, and 900 tractors brochure

MacKissic B-TS Tractor Mounted-Tractor Powered Sprayer for Bolens 600, 800 and 900 tractors brochure

Brinly Attachments for use with Bolens Tractors ( rr 100 rotary leaf and grass rake, bb 110 mounted dump cart, kk 100 planter-fertilizer, tt 100 tool bar and accessories) brochure

Bolens Suburban riding mower (original Suburban) brochure

Bolens  America's Finest Outdoor Power Equipment brochure 1964 form no. 551542

I uploaded the following in the "Bolens Misc. files"

Bolens Mustang Tiller brochure

Bolens Orbit Air Mower brochure

Hayward Distributing Co. Suggested Retail Price List effective October 1, 1964 document

Hayward Distributing Co. Terms & Conditions to New Bolens Dealers document

Admins - if I have uploaded them incorrectly, or placed them in the wrong area please feel free to move them. Also, if I uploaded something that is already there, please feel free to remove them. If I have a chance to snap some jpeg images of the fronts, I will go back and add the cover image. 

Hope these help someone! Kind regards, Nick

• Bolens 1000, Husky and Bruce Dorsi have said thanks

#24 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • 1,193 Thanks
  • 1,059 posts

Posted April 10, 2015 - 11:46 AM

I also have one of the Hydro-Speed blades. Mine does not include the rock rake or the scarifier, but does have all the other pieces to mount the blade rear, mid, and front on a tubeframe. Not all of the mounting brackets get used for each installation position.

Based on my photos do you think I have everything required to mount these to a tube frame tractor? I have yet to figure this out....

• nglauer said thank you

#25 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,312 Thanks
  • 937 posts

Posted April 10, 2015 - 03:22 PM

Based on my photos do you think I have everything required to mount these to a tube frame tractor? I have yet to figure this out....

I think you do. The one part I do not see is the shorter lift link. I believe that I see the longer lift link with the rock rake, so you should be OK there. The shorter link would be used when the blade was mid-mounted. Even if you don't have it it would be easy enough to fabricate one from some appropriate flat stock.
  • Husky and nglauer have said thanks

#26 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,390 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted April 10, 2015 - 04:29 PM

That is an amazing collection of history you have there.

Please don't try to sell them on ebay, for ridiculous amounts

of money. They're worth far more than that.

• nglauer said thank you

#27 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • 1,193 Thanks
  • 1,059 posts

Posted April 10, 2015 - 07:40 PM

I think you do. The one part I do not see is the shorter lift link. I believe that I see the longer lift link with the rock rake, so you should be OK there. The shorter link would be used when the blade was mid-mounted. Even if you don't have it it would be easy enough to fabricate one from some appropriate flat stock.

For some reason these attachments are kicking me. I've had them for years but just never figured out how to mount them especially the mid plow. I've restored tractors , attachments, made attachments but can't figure out something this simple....

• nglauer said thank you

#28 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,312 Thanks
  • 937 posts

Posted April 10, 2015 - 10:47 PM

Look at the pictures in the Hydro-Speed brochure sheet. It shows some of what you need to do. That was how I figured it out. I wish I had specific mounting instructions from the factory, but I don't, so in my case it was by-guess-and-by-gosh. I think if you start with the piece that has upright tabs on it and realize that they fit axle mounting points on the tractor, you can start to get a handle on what goes where.

• Husky said thank you

#29 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • 1,193 Thanks
  • 1,059 posts

Posted April 11, 2015 - 06:03 AM

Look at the pictures in the Hydro-Speed brochure sheet. It shows some of what you need to do. That was how I figured it out. I wish I had specific mounting instructions from the factory, but I don't, so in my case it was by-guess-and-by-gosh. I think if you start with the piece that has upright tabs on it and realize that they fit axle mounting points on the tractor, you can start to get a handle on what goes where.

I see what you mean about the axle mount point, I never gave that a thought I think that is what I need thanks for that tip.

#30 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • 407 Thanks
  • 358 posts

Posted April 23, 2015 - 10:20 PM

I promise i'll be scanning more stuff... life has been rather hectic around here. It seems like I have 100 things going on at once. I did find more documents and Hayward Distribution binders. I haven't even had a chance to leaf through most of it, but I did locate it, so that's a positive lol. Some of it may be exactly the same, or I suppose it could have something different in it. I will try and scan and upload some of it this coming week.. assuming family, weather, garden, lawn, chickens, in-laws, and/or random acts of god don't disrupt me lol.