• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 871 posts

Posted April 06, 2015 - 08:13 AM

well i'm serious, I simply don't have enough inside storage, and those plastic shelters are no good here because of the wind, the snow has pretty much gone and here I am looking at 15 gts that I left outside, these were not junk, 3-c160 wheel horses, a c 120, a 1959 rj complete, 2- jd 112, a 110 jd rf, wh 520h, simplicity 6210 just to name a few, I have become the person I hate, the guy that has the tractors that "use to run", "been sitting in the elements". i said last year that i was going to stop buying but that didnt happen, now the choise is to become the other type of person i hate, the scrapper that looks at a tractor for its parts value, i have sold a few tractors off last year knowing that the parts are worth 3 or 4 times what the tractor is worth only to find that the guy who bought it (and cheaply i might add as a father son project) has it torn down and on ebay within a few days, i might as well part them out myself. i hate the thought of taking a complete running tractor apart, but what do you do, a running jd 110-112 up here goes for less than $150, i cant get $200 for the rf, but i can get $150 just for the fenders, just doesnt make sence to me
  • MH81, grnspot110, hamman and 3 others have said thanks

#2 crittersf1 ONLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted April 06, 2015 - 08:41 AM

I'd love to have the rj but I imagine shipping would be astronomical.

• hamman and farmer john have said thanks

#3 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,109 Thanks
  • 3,200 posts

Posted April 06, 2015 - 08:48 AM

Hard spot to be in, I can understand what your thinking. Hope fully it will work out.  Because of the winter we are having my job is almost done. No work to do , so maybe getting laid off.  So I then have to figure out if I start selling my tractors for extra money.  Not an easy thing to do.  Noel 

• MH81, hamman and farmer john have said thanks

#4 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,583 posts

Posted April 06, 2015 - 08:57 AM

In the same boat here. If I can't find enough room this year to keep everything inside I will be forced to part with some things. I've become  " That Guy " that has tarps in the yard covering things that deserve better. Good luck with you decisions.                                                                                            Roger

• farmer john and propane1 have said thanks

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,291 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted April 06, 2015 - 10:23 AM

Making hard decisions here too, also trying to consolidate storage we do have and get rid of junk that we kept because "someone else may need it"
Someone better come get their stuff soon :D

Anyways, good luck on finding new homes for them or getting them into donor status.
  • hamman, farmer john and propane1 have said thanks

#6 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,783 Thanks
  • 7,539 posts

Posted April 06, 2015 - 11:15 AM

You are not alone, I'm in the same situation. I'm going to try to get rid of 50 lawn tractors this year. Its the same same goal as last year, when I acquired more instead. Do what you can. I find that too many people think that they want to get rich and that I'm supposed to contribute. Sounds like you found one last year. Just remember that EPAY has alot of fees and hassels as well as con-men. Try taking a half dozen at a time to swap meets(auto, tractor, truck, or GTs). Good Luck to us all, Rick
  • MH81, hamman and farmer john have said thanks

#7 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 950 posts

Posted April 06, 2015 - 04:00 PM

I think you will be lonely once those tractors go,,,so here is a Gibson Model A tractor...pretty rare..not mine but possibly of interest to fill that void....too bad he did not post pics

http://www.kijiji.ca...gationFlag=true

• farmer john said thank you

#8 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted April 06, 2015 - 06:37 PM

Ha! More guys finally "fess" up! You all say one can't Leave the hobbies,yet need to do so yourselves. Hint....you aren't gonna make the big bucks, sell cheap or in packages only and just let the stuff go! It's kinda fun taking purchaser out to dig out the stuff. Kinda same feelings as when you got it from PO's. Cash reversing this time,heh!

Edited by glgrumpy, April 06, 2015 - 06:39 PM.

• MH81 and farmer john have said thanks

#9 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 950 posts

Posted April 07, 2015 - 07:29 AM

I had a guy leave a note on my truck, he had 9 old trucks to sell, 20's to 40's,,,real nice bone stock every one of them. I have talked to him a few times the past year and when i finally cornered  him to arrange a viewing he said "well I guess I am just not ready to sell yet" He's 95!  Ran into a similar situation and the guy passed away,,,200 vehicles had sat for decades sitting and rotting,,nothing for sale! All went to silent auction. I walked the property,,,unbelievable...greeted at the entrance these are all running trucks including a 41 ford 6 wheel drive

Also,,here's what I did to prevent the prevailing wind from ripping my wigwam apart..I also laid heavy vapour barrier on floor to eliminate condensation..I store old truck and parts in here

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1481_1.JPG
  • IMG_1239.JPG

Edited by Jazz, April 07, 2015 - 07:37 AM.