• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted April 05, 2015 - 09:20 PM

I did not get a link (I don't always get success doing so anyway remember, computer idiot here) BUT yesterday,  there was a guy in the Farm&Garden section on Chicago CL, had 3 seperate  but grouped right together, ads for NOS gas tanks (at least 2 different styles among the 3 ads)  built by a company called Chilton out of Wisconsin,  NOS from 1971  sounds lik he has pallets of them, says he would ship within the ad, only $25 each.  The one, 1-gallon one looked like what would have come on either a Tecumseh HH series cast iron engine or a Kohler. Steel, threaded fuel tank outlet.  I know that I have one here that I have way more than that into, in de-varnishing and coating to prevent future rust within.   Where was he when I did the post last year asking how people here flush and clean their gas tanks?   This adds another affordable option; toss into scrap and get a new one.

The ad did say "will ship, send me your ZIP for shipping quote".

• Jesse said thank you

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,320 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted April 06, 2015 - 05:01 AM

I did not get a link (I don't always get success doing so anyway remember, computer idiot here) BUT yesterday,  there was a guy in the Farm&Garden section on Chicago CL, had 3 seperate  but grouped right together, ads for NOS gas tanks (at least 2 different styles among the 3 ads)  built by a company called Chilton out of Wisconsin,  NOS from 1971  sounds lik he has pallets of them, says he would ship within the ad, only $25 each.  The one, 1-gallon one looked like what would have come on either a Tecumseh HH series cast iron engine or a Kohler. Steel, threaded fuel tank outlet.  I know that I have one here that I have way more than that into, in de-varnishing and coating to prevent future rust within.   Where was he when I did the post last year asking how people here flush and clean their gas tanks?   This adds another affordable option; toss into scrap and get a new one.
The ad did say "will ship, send me your ZIP for shipping quote".

I just spent a couple of minutes looking. Are the ads still there? Is there anything you can tell us further about the ad? Maybe some exact wording so we can search easier? Is there a contact phone number?

#3 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted April 06, 2015 - 06:01 AM

cant find now    will have to look again after work, wouldnt be surprised if they were bought up already, at that price.

#4 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 06:05 PM

Found it! but cant transfer the link from there to here... still trying price has changed  he has 2 ads, both 1 gallon tanks one now $45 the other $50

title of CL ad; Vintage antique  NOS gas tank minibike gokart small engine one gallon $45

posting location; Chicago>northwest suburbs>for sale>general>by owner

nope not letting me post the link.

posting id 4968584791

#5 drbish OFFLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,162 Thanks
  • 1,162 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 06:12 PM

00i0i_k23sEgvpUuI_600x450.jpghttp://chicago.craig...4968584791.html

#6 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 06:13 PM

http://chicago.craig...4968584791.html

http://chicago.craig...4968583268.html

#7 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted April 13, 2015 - 07:05 PM

HOW DID YOU DO THAT?

#8 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,754 Thanks
  • 8,923 posts

Posted April 13, 2015 - 08:51 PM

Viewing the CL ad, right click your mouse with the pointer in the address bar at the top of the screen. The www. part. When you do that, it will show a little box of options. Choose 'copy'. Then come on over to GTT. Left click in the reply box, so you have a line flashing. Then hold your mouse right there on that flashing line, and right click your mouse. You get another little box of options. Choose 'paste'.
  • dodge trucker said thank you

#9 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted April 13, 2015 - 09:08 PM

Viewing the CL ad, right click your mouse with the pointer in the address bar at the top of the screen. The www. part. When you do that, it will show a little box of options. Choose 'copy'. Then come on over to GTT. Left click in the reply box, so you have a line flashing. Then hold your mouse right there on that flashing line, and right click your mouse. You get another little box of options. Choose 'paste'.

You know allot for a cat.