#1 LilysDad OFFLINE  

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,248 Thanks
  • 7,478 posts

Posted April 05, 2015 - 05:09 PM

Did any of you folks watch this show last night? In an Instant is an ABC program that reenacts catastrophic events. Last nights show was the story of Arick Baker, a young Iowa man who in 2013 went into a 40 ft. corn bin, broke through and was sucked down to the bottom. He was in there for over 4 hrs. and survived (no s**t!)

Heed the lessons folks!!! The only reason he survived was an unusual combination of factors. He should have been asphyxiated, crushed, chewed up by an auger, or had a heart attack. The reason he could breathe was because he was wearing a new type of face shield/mask that has a filtered air inlet.

• hamman, boyscout862, New.Canadian.DB.Owner and 1 other said thanks

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,252 Thanks
  • 29,702 posts

Posted April 05, 2015 - 05:49 PM

Between watching the U of K basketball team get their pants whipped, I seen most of it.  Incredible story!  

• LilysDad said thank you

#3 hamman OFFLINE  

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,528 Thanks
  • 2,552 posts

Posted April 05, 2015 - 06:44 PM

I had seen some news coverage on it. when it happened. He sure had an angel on his side that day.                                                                     Roger

#4 petrj6 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,728 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted April 05, 2015 - 07:09 PM

they hired a new kid at work the other day and stuck him with me for his first day, igured it would be goo to show him how the big stuff goes together rite o hand.  well I spent the entire day lecturing him on how everything in the shop wanted to hurt him and most stuff would kill him, 9 hrs I spent lecturing the new guy in the hopes he Might take heed and be careful.  tues I went to  work and wasn't there ten min and ran a grinder over my thumb !!!!!  big deep groove in there that now hurts like heck and bleeds every time I bend my thumb.  take my own advise I will !!!!!!

• MH81 and JDBrian have said thanks