#1 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,736 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted April 04, 2015 - 11:05 PM

Well, I have been wanting to do this for a while now, I have a old skid steer bucket, it was converted to fit on the loader of a IH 460 farm tractor and I just reconverted it to 3-pt. I had to put on a aux valve and a cylinder for a top link so I could dump. The cylinder is WAY to big and I'm going to use a smaller cylinder and put adjustment on it with swivel ends (like a top link should have), But that will half to wait till I find the time.

I can haul about 4X the amount of manure to the garden in 1 trip, I have hauled around 5 loads so far and it seems to work great!

The 3-pt picks it up with ease, I was worried that it wouldn't be able to lift a full load but I haven't had any trouble. This is only going to be used for light materials, I don't want to damage my tractor.

The valve that I put on is a 2 spool valve, I'm going to run another aux to the front of the loader, then I'm going to build a grapple and then a 4-in-1 bucket.

Attached Thumbnails

• 3-pt Scoop 064.jpg
  • 3-pt Scoop 066.jpg
  • 3-pt Scoop 067.jpg
  • 3-pt Scoop 060.jpg
  • 3-pt Scoop 062.jpg

• Gtractor, Alc, hamman and 5 others have said thanks

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 05, 2015 - 12:52 AM

Looking good BTS. I just have one concern, it looks like your pins could use more support, as that tab on the bucket looks to be bending. Other than that, great use of an old bucket.
  • BTS said thank you

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 05, 2015 - 05:19 AM

With the bucket in close to the tractor like that you will have really good lift capacity. It looks to have taken a really big bite out of that pile. 

• BTS said thank you

#4 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,736 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted April 05, 2015 - 07:46 AM

I bent the mounts a little when I raised it the first time, I didn't realize the arms would bind against the bottom of the bucket. I then took a torch and shaved off the piece of the bucket and it seems to work just fine not. I'll keep a eye on the bent mounts to see if they bend any further, I can always weld on a better mount.

I like on how it sits so close to the tractor too, it gives it good lift and makes the whole rig a little shorter. I'm going to use it more today and really get it broken in!

Edited by BTS, April 05, 2015 - 07:47 AM.

• Alc and wvbuzzmaster have said thanks

#5 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,569 Thanks
  • 3,951 posts

Posted April 05, 2015 - 02:15 PM

I love it. I have been thinking about getting a smaller bucket, say about 4 foot wide and doing the same mount that you did. How was it too back into the pile to fill it?

• BTS said thank you

#6 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,736 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted April 05, 2015 - 04:31 PM

It backs in pretty easy, it seems to work the best if I lightly lift it while I back in, it puts more weight on the tractor and it pushes in to it better.

The bucket that I used is just under 5'.

• shorty said thank you

#7 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted April 08, 2015 - 11:03 AM

You will find that very handy! I have a king cutter scoop that came with my Ford 1500. It is very easy to get enough dirt in it to lift the front end, So I have to be careful to not overload.
  • BTS said thank you