• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 nitro OFFLINE  

nitro
  • Member No: 71342
  • 170 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted October 31, 2016 - 11:26 AM

It wasn't hard to figure out.  The engine says 1/2/1980, power king all gear drive, was it replaced?  I emailed Peco to see if I can find out more and order parts, I heard they still support the old stuff.  I'll look for the manual when I have more free time.

#17 Billy M ONLINE  

Billy M
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 15999
  • 552 Thanks
  • 488 posts

Posted October 31, 2016 - 12:28 PM

It wasn't hard to figure out.  The engine says 1/2/1980, power king all gear drive, was it replaced?  I emailed Peco to see if I can find out more and order parts, I heard they still support the old stuff.  I'll look for the manual when I have more free time.

I don't know if the engine had been replaced or not.  The paint looked original and matched the rest for what that's worth.  FYI...I was going to replace the motor.  I bought another engine and it had a ¾" shaft.  That one has a 1" shaft, which is unusual on an engine that small.  I'm guessing it is a heavier built engine model, since it has that impeller spinning/supported by the crankshaft.??  I think it has a ball bearing on the business end of the crankshaft as well.  I had to replace the case gasket and remember seeing that now that I think of it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sold, cub cadet, peco vac, lawn vac