27 replies to this topic

#16 tater195 OFFLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,306 Thanks
  • 933 posts

Posted April 06, 2015 - 06:52 PM

I got some weatherproofing stuff and a little wiring done on the boat today. 1 more trip to town to get the new locator, a few lights and wires. Then it gets launched to do some work. Most of the trees in this pic (and 3x more) will get turned into crappie beds. My son was in 3rd grade the first time I put this in, his kids will probably be in 3rd grade the next time it comes out.

20150406 183913

The bad part is , that pic was taken from the shop and I only went fishing 5 times last year.. that will change this year!!

• oldedeeres said thank you

#17 tater195 OFFLINE  

tater195

• 1,306 Thanks
  • 933 posts

Posted April 06, 2015 - 07:32 PM

This is what it looks like from space>

lake

Edited by tater195, April 06, 2015 - 07:40 PM.

• KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#18 tater195 OFFLINE  

tater195

• 1,306 Thanks
  • 933 posts

Posted April 08, 2015 - 05:18 PM

TAKE 2..... 30 seconds from hitting Post, I had a brown out and the computer rebooted

The boat is in ( I can get more pics if anyone wants them). I skipped the tree trimming at the lake, 78* 90% humidity, I aint ready for that sh!t. The helicoil is working on the ZTR. Dethatched the yard, that led to mowing it 3 times ( 15 acres combined) to get the loose stuff to the out side. Dug a french drain for the sump pump. Made a 3pt subsoiler / middle buster for that. Graded the driveway to cover up the bald spot I made getting rock for the drain. Restretched the felt on the pool table. The golf cart is serviced , gassed up and ready for the summer. Dandelions arent bad, but the clover is going nuts. I will have to build a slinger for the BBs if I cant find a liquid weed and feed.

I still have the end table for rainy day work, which should be the next 2 days. I am 30% done with the cassettes, that represents about 30 minutes each of shop time. Short of any thing blowing up or a long list of honeydo's , I should get in 2 days of fishing  :dancingbanana: (If it doesnt rain  :mad2: )

Edited by tater195, April 08, 2015 - 05:23 PM.

• KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#19 tater195 OFFLINE  

tater195

• 1,306 Thanks
  • 933 posts

Posted April 08, 2015 - 06:27 PM

Forgot to add ... watched the Royals season opener.... more of the same... good defense, good pitching and alot of dink and dunk. The "experts" say you cant win the WS that way, but they all looked like they were having fun ... thats the X factor... that is easy to do when you are up by 6 most of the game :dancingbanana:

Edited by tater195, April 08, 2015 - 06:28 PM.

#20 tater195 OFFLINE  

tater195

• 1,306 Thanks
  • 933 posts

Posted April 08, 2015 - 08:51 PM

On tap for Thursday.. Jack Daniels brats and Fireball deer sticks (yeah you heard it right. Going off the reservation on these). End table weld time while its raining. Too muddy for yard work, probably get some shop clean up time. 100% humidity for the last 2 days... dont have to wash the shop, just follow the squeegee.

#21 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,836 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted April 10, 2015 - 09:06 AM

That's an impressive amount of work you've done!! Hope you catch lots of fish, you deserve it.
  • tater195 said thank you

#22 tater195 OFFLINE  

tater195

• 1,306 Thanks
  • 933 posts

Posted April 10, 2015 - 04:45 PM

Did some tree trimming at the lake, didnt get as much done as I had hoped. Water is high and my water boots are at work. End table is painted, waiting to put the tile in. Dropped some dirt on the french drain, Need to let it dry out more to do the final grade.

Fired up the ugliest smoker in 3 counties to do a little Friday night BBQ. 

20150410 162826

Everyone that laughed when I unloaded it or said " you are gonna over smoke the meat" got their a$$ kicked in competition. It aint pretty and I dont cook by Mixons cook book. Sometimes you gotta be different to be good. 

Edited by tater195, April 10, 2015 - 04:46 PM.

#23 tater195 OFFLINE  

tater195

• 1,306 Thanks
  • 933 posts

Posted April 10, 2015 - 05:11 PM

Still working on cassettes. Anyone remember The Gibson Miller Band, Becky Hobbs, Dean Dillon, Martin Delray, Steven Wayne Horton, Ray Kennedy, Krokus, Shelby Lynne, Scott McQuaig, The Notting Hillbillies, The Normaltown Flyiers or the Norther Pikes?

For The kids out there... that stuff is all pre CD   :rocker2:

I could list alot more that nobody has herd of, yeah I'm old and weird  :D

Edited by tater195, April 10, 2015 - 05:14 PM.

#24 Jazz ONLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,438 Thanks
  • 949 posts

Posted April 10, 2015 - 05:38 PM

I  recall the Northern Pikes but only one song,,,"she ain't pretty" I also have lots of work to do,,but nothing I cannot "put off until the time is right" as we say at our local "Procrastinators Lodge"

Edited by Jazz, April 10, 2015 - 05:39 PM.

• tater195 said thank you

#25 tater195 OFFLINE  

tater195

• 1,306 Thanks
  • 933 posts

Posted April 10, 2015 - 06:41 PM

I  recall the Northern Pikes but only one song,,,"she ain't pretty" I also have lots of work to do,,but nothing I cannot "put off until the time is right" as we say at our local "Procrastinators Lodge"

That was their one big one.. even made the TNN video show. Hot chick in that one, made me spend $8 for the cassette. That was back when the Geesinsalws were on Nashville Now. There I go dating myself again. I was a DJ back in the late 80's, till I got talked into being a bass player for a country band. Between the second hand smoke  and the free beer, I ruined my lungs and liver. A picker buddy described us as "professional movers that play music for free beer". My back is too screwed up to pack around a T-40 for 4 hours anymore, so I let the kids have the money.

Edited by tater195, April 10, 2015 - 06:47 PM.

#26 tater195 OFFLINE  

tater195

• 1,306 Thanks
  • 933 posts

Posted April 10, 2015 - 08:20 PM

I threw on a few boston butt bones left over from making sausage.. HOLY HELL..  best BBq pork I have ever had. Plumb naked, just meat and heat. Softball sized chunk of meat and bone, no seasoning, cooked on fresh cut maple and seasoned oak. Cooked 8 hot sausage/ hickory brats for saturday lunch. Only 4 left, I couldnt stop eating them. Country style ribs for dinner didnt last long either.

Edited by tater195, April 10, 2015 - 08:21 PM.

#27 tater195 OFFLINE  

tater195

• 1,306 Thanks
  • 933 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 06:22 PM

I survived the week off. Got most of the stuff done on the list. I am getting more conservative on what I think I can get done in a week. As usual, I start slowing down by Thursday, and think I will rest up on sunday, only to spend most of the day trying to finish the crap I didnt get done. Never got around to putting anitfreeze in the tires (no big threat of a freeze for a long time) or changing the oil in my DD that has been bitching at me to change the oil for over a month. Got some tree trimming done at the lake just never got around to picking the stuff up and making crappie beds.... or fishing.... or mowing at the lake. The last of the 4 times I mowed this week really fire up my allergies. Running the dethacher and mowing on a windy day probably had something to do with that. 

The other end table is done, the boat is ready for another 15 years, the shop is clean, the yard looks good, and I didnt break anything or get hurt, so it was a good vacation.

The next one is mid/late May. Completely different strategy on that one. The day after my son graduates HS, we are heading to Destin Fla. for a week of chillaxin, fishing, hangin out on the beach or pool and emptying beer cans (me, not him)

• KennyP said thank you

#28 tater195 OFFLINE  

tater195

• 1,306 Thanks
  • 933 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 04:33 PM

I received the stuff I ordered to upgrade the audio system in the boat today. The original stuff was a car stereo with speakers under the deck. Technology has changed a lot in the last 10 years and I am just now getting up to speed. I bought a motorcycle amp/ speaker system that plays from the headphone jack on phones and Ipods and installed it in a portable container with a l/g battery. I also have the cigarette lighter adapter I can use if the battery in the box gets low after a long day on the lake.

I know it needs cleaned up, I am just testing the concept right now. Not sure of the run time, I am using a half crapped out battery that doesnt have enough juice to crank a GT but will take a charge

HILLBILLY HIFI

20150425 155303
20150425 155344