• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted April 03, 2015 - 10:20 AM

Can't wait to see pics of this beast with these tires on it. I know it would be a lot of trouble but considering the amount of work you put into these wheels I would put tubes in. The wwf will ruin them purdy wheels.

Edited by Sawdust, April 03, 2015 - 10:20 AM.

• KennyP said thank you

#17 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted April 03, 2015 - 10:29 AM

They have a very good coat of paint on the inside.

#18 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted April 03, 2015 - 10:36 AM

Can't wait to see pics of this beast with these tires on it. I know it would be a lot of trouble but considering the amount of work you put into these wheels I would put tubes in. The wwf will ruin them purdy wheels.

Here ya go! This is the other set on the #1 FF. These will be for #2 FF.
Image067.jpg
Image006.jpg

#19 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted April 03, 2015 - 03:37 PM

I like the way the ribs roll around the edge of those. They look like they would grip better vs the typical square edges.
  • KennyP said thank you

#20 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted April 03, 2015 - 03:54 PM

They dig a hole real fast! Ask me how I know! :smilewink: :wallbanging:

• propane1 said thank you

#21 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted April 04, 2015 - 02:12 PM

After sitting out there for 2 days and the cooler weather overnight, they only lost a couple pounds each. Both PSI readings were the same, so I think they are ready to load!

• Sawdust and propane1 have said thanks

#22 jpswift1 OFFLINE  

jpswift1
  • Member No: 69996
  • 358 Thanks
  • 343 posts

Posted March 01, 2016 - 08:36 AM

They dig a hole real fast! Ask me how I know! :smilewink: :wallbanging:

I have a lot of amphibious 6x6 ATVs and I've had some that I've parted out, and the larger models all mostly came with 26x12x12 Goodyear ag tires.  I have a pair of them (4 ply) in very nice shape that I plan on putting on my Snapper 1855 to replace to turf tires along with 120lbs of rear wheel weights.  How would they do on my tractor?  How would they compare to other tires like the Firestones or Carlisle Tru Powers, or the discontinued Super Lugs in the same size?  I'd rather stick with the Goodyears that I have, obviously because I wouldn't have to pay for another set of tires.  Thanks.

• KennyP said thank you

#23 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted March 01, 2016 - 08:43 AM

I have a lot of amphibious 6x6 ATVs and I've had some that I've parted out, and the larger models all mostly came with 26x12x12 Goodyear ag tires.  I have a pair of them (4 ply) in very nice shape that I plan on putting on my Snapper 1855 to replace to turf tires along with 120lbs of rear wheel weights.  How would they do on my tractor?  How would they compare to other tires like the Firestones or Carlisle Tru Powers, or the discontinued Super Lugs in the same size?  I'd rather stick with the Goodyears that I have, obviously because I wouldn't have to pay for another set of tires.  Thanks.

I cannot say if they are better or not as I don't have anything to judge them against. But, I have not had traction issues with them! I did load this set and really like them!

• jpswift1 said thank you

#24 jpswift1 OFFLINE  

jpswift1
  • 358 Thanks
  • 343 posts

Posted March 01, 2016 - 08:57 AM

Thanks for the fast reply, Kenny.  They made the Goodyears in 2 ply and 4 ply, and they were always manufactured in the US.  I've had both 2 and 4 ply Goodyears and really can't tell a difference between either, except for some reason, the 4 ply seem to offer a little softer ride quality.  They've made them for about 40 years and didn't really change them at all, so they must have been good.  I put them on my Bolens Groundskeeper that I'm restoring and they're going on my Snapper.  

I think I may put tubes in mine and load them on the Snapper on top of the 120lbs of wheel weights.  That ought to do the trick.  About 9 gallons of fluid in each of them?

BTW, I LOVE your FF, what a beauty!

• KennyP said thank you

#25 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted March 01, 2016 - 09:01 AM

Thanks for the fast reply, Kenny.  They made the Goodyears in 2 ply and 4 ply, and they were always manufactured in the US.  I've had both 2 and 4 ply Goodyears and really can't tell a difference between either, except for some reason, the 4 ply seem to offer a little softer ride quality.  They've made them for about 40 years and didn't really change them at all, so they must have been good.  I put them on my Bolens Groundskeeper that I'm restoring and they're going on my Snapper.  

I think I may put tubes in mine and load them on the Snapper on top of the 120lbs of wheel weights.  That ought to do the trick.  About 9 gallons of fluid in each of them?

BTW, I LOVE your FF, what a beauty!

Should be 10 gallons according to this!

• jpswift1 said thank you

#26 jpswift1 OFFLINE  

jpswift1
  • 358 Thanks
  • 343 posts

Posted March 01, 2016 - 09:51 AM

Should be 10 gallons according to this!

Good, that'll be even better. So somewhere in the neighborhood of 80-85lbs per tire plus 120 lbs total of wheel weights I already have should put me almost to the 300 lbs mark.  I was thinking about hooking a 4' box blade up but wasn't sure if the tractor would do it, but those Goodyears and all that weight should make it quite capable.

#27 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted March 01, 2016 - 04:21 PM

It should be very capable!