• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,413 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 04:55 PM

Some time back I posted about fixing a set of FF 20 wheels. Right after that, I attempted to mount the tires on them. Well, today I finally got them mounted. It just took some warm weather to get those things to go on the wheels. Those sidewalls are stout. Anyways, they are mounted and basking in the SUN with 20 lbs. air in them. It took 30 PSI to get the first one fully seated. 40 PSI to get the second one. And that was with grease on both the wheel and tire bead. I think they will hold air just fine and if so, time to LOAD them.

2015-04-02 15.57.14.jpg

WooHoo! :dancingbanana: :firejumper:

• olcowhand, Alc, Texas Deere and Horse and 13 others have said thanks

#2 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,107 Thanks
  • 3,199 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 05:16 PM

Nice tires. Lots of grip. Wheels look good. What are you loading them with ? Noel.
  • KennyP and tinbender7 have said thanks

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,413 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 05:25 PM

Nice tires. Lots of grip. Wheels look good. What are you loading them with ? Noel.

As soon as I figure which bank to rob, I'll use Windshield Washer fluid. I just re-checked the air in them and they are holding steady. These 26-12X12's loaded and 75 lb. wheel weights should help me get a bite with the FF20.

• tinbender7, Sawdust and propane1 have said thanks

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,413 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 05:29 PM

Just for everyone's info, these tires are very solid on the side walls. I had to refigure all I knew about mounting tires to get them on there. They do not bend! The ones on my FF20 plow tractor have 6 PSI air in them and 75 lb. weights and do not squat.

• Alc, Texas Deere and Horse, hamman and 2 others have said thanks

#5 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • 6,107 Thanks
  • 3,199 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 07:56 PM

What ply are they? And when you figure what bank , get some for me. That size of tire would hold about 10 gallons each I think, at 8 to 9 lb per gallon , with the 75 lb weights you could be up around the 150 lb or more per tire. Hang about 200lb off the back end. Should be able to move what you want. What are you going to use it for ? Noel
  • KennyP said thank you

#6 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • 6,107 Thanks
  • 3,199 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 08:04 PM

I put washer fluid in mine on the ford lgt 100. Tires are 6 x 12 , they held about 4 gallons. Don't go any less than 6 psi, any lower and the rims may spin in the tire if you get a real good bite on the tire and the power from the tractor spins the wheels. Are you useing tubes.? Noel.
  • KennyP and tinbender7 have said thanks

#7 craftsmanmowerfreak OFFLINE  

craftsmanmowerfreak
  • Member No: 16215
  • 258 Thanks
  • 222 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 11:58 PM

my 2 ply good year terra tire ags dont squat unless they are flat. my tires are real old and cracked but are fine both have tubes and i love them they will eat dirt and if not careful because i have sand i can get stuck in a hurry in garden lol. but lots of grip. mine are off wheel horse rims they were loaded whan i got them and rims were rusted out. they were pulling tires

• KennyP said thank you

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,413 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted April 03, 2015 - 04:45 AM

What ply are they? And when you figure what bank , get some for me. That size of tire would hold about 10 gallons each I think, at 8 to 9 lb per gallon , with the 75 lb weights you could be up around the 150 lb or more per tire. Hang about 200lb off the back end. Should be able to move what you want. What are you going to use it for ? Noel

They are 4 ply. They are on FF wheels. Now I can have AG's on both tractors or swap back to turfs easily (I pair).

I put washer fluid in mine on the ford lgt 100. Tires are 6 x 12 , they held about 4 gallons. Don't go any less than 6 psi, any lower and the rims may spin in the tire if you get a real good bite on the tire and the power from the tractor spins the wheels. Are you useing tubes.? Noel.

If they are still holding air this morning, no tubes. As hard as these were to seat the beads, I don't think they will break loose real easily.

• propane1 said thank you

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,413 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted April 03, 2015 - 04:57 AM

my 2 ply good year terra tire ags dont squat unless they are flat. my tires are real old and cracked but are fine both have tubes and i love them they will eat dirt and if not careful because i have sand i can get stuck in a hurry in garden lol. but lots of grip. mine are off wheel horse rims they were loaded whan i got them and rims were rusted out. they were pulling tires

The other pair I have been using have tubes in them. I have been running about 6 PSI with the 75 lb. weights and do not see any flex in the side walls.

• craftsmanmowerfreak said thank you

#10 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,447 Thanks
  • 6,612 posts

Posted April 03, 2015 - 05:38 AM

Nice tires ! Did you buy them new and if so where ? Thanks

• KennyP said thank you

#11 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,413 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted April 03, 2015 - 05:46 AM

Nice tires ! Did you buy them new and if so where ? Thanks

They were given to me 18 months back by a local club member. They have been used a while, think they came of a MF 1855. I just had to get the original FF wheels repaired so I could mount them. Tried to mount them this winter, but they were just to stiff to go on the wheel. Warmed up enough yesterday for them to go on.

• Alc and propane1 have said thanks

#12 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 03, 2015 - 07:00 AM

I guess your welds got a good test when those popped on the bead at 40PSI. That would make me nervous. I have 6ply Carlisle Industrial R4 type tires on my 2320 compact. In order to get any squat I have to lower them to below 10psi. That's with about 1000lbs on the back and the loader mounted. A little bit of flex seems to yield better traction IME. Those should work well on the FF. What you need for that tractor is a loader. I don't remember if you have one or not. 

• KennyP said thank you

#13 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,413 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted April 03, 2015 - 07:06 AM

I guess your welds got a good test when those popped on the bead at 40PSI. That would make me nervous. I have 6ply Carlisle Industrial R4 type tires on my 2320 compact. In order to get any squat I have to lower them to below 10psi. That's with about 1000lbs on the back and the loader mounted. A little bit of flex seems to yield better traction IME. Those should work well on the FF. What you need for that tractor is a loader. I don't remember if you have one or not. 

Yeah, those welds got a good test. I was a bit nervous too.

I don't have a loader as yet. Wish I did. But then, you would have to pry me off it! :bigrofl:

#14 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,604 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted April 03, 2015 - 07:29 AM