• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Motofan81 OFFLINE  

Motofan81
  • Member No: 69072
  • 41 Thanks
  • 34 posts

Posted April 01, 2015 - 11:38 PM

Been lurking for a while now, seem to be having a growing interest in tillers, walk behinds, garden tractors, etc., especially of the older variety that i just cant shake. Anyway been looking for a machine to start my collection with and ran across a Carter Bros EZ-Plow in decent enough shape for $50. Presently not running but i think it is just a gummed up carb from sitting. I guess i was just looking for a bit of info, i see the Plow Hoss versions and Wizard versions but not much on the Carters online. When would the Carters have been made? It is missing the belt guard, so i guess i am looking for a picture of a Carter to see what one (and any graphic that may be on it looks like). I figure the guard itself is just like a plow hoss with a different sticker but if i can't find one i guess i will need to make it as i plan on getting it running and then restore it as original looking as possible.
  • Bud said thank you

#2 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 6,557 Thanks
  • 7,304 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 05:25 AM

Welcome to GTTalk !!  I've never heard of a Carter Bros EZ-Plow but I pretty much learn something new here on almost every day !   It seem when someone posts about a tractor I've never heard of someone will post that have 3 in their garage lol  

• Motofan81 said thank you

#3 Motofan81 OFFLINE  

Motofan81
  • 41 Thanks
  • 34 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 08:13 AM

I have never heard of it either, the id plate plate says made in Alabama too which is neat if it really was (though my guess is it is just a rebranded Plow Boss, just not sure from what era).  I know of the Carter Bros that made/make go karts but I guess maybe they used to do garden equipment (now Carter just puts their name on Chinese karts).

Here is a pic...

IMG_20150401_213953.jpg

I will try to get a pic of the i.d. sticker later.

Edited by Motofan81, April 02, 2015 - 08:14 AM.

• LPBolens and Alc have said thanks

#4 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 947 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 09:11 AM

I don't know a thing about Carter EZ Plow or Plow Hoss, either. But welcome anyway to GTTalk and the slippery slope of garden tractor collecting. One will never be enough.

• Motofan81 said thank you

#5 Motofan81 OFFLINE  

Motofan81
  • 41 Thanks
  • 34 posts

Posted April 13, 2015 - 07:02 PM

Finally got a shot of the manufacturers label.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20150413_185330.jpg

• DougT, Alc and Lauber1 have said thanks

#6 earthgrinder OFFLINE  

earthgrinder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 450
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 478 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 09:59 AM

A fellow sent me a picture of what he called a Missouri Mule years ago.  I have the photo attached.

Attached Thumbnails

• M-Mule.jpg

#7 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,195 Thanks
  • 5,791 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 10:42 AM

Looks identical to my Plow Hoss157.jpg

• earthgrinder said thank you

#8 Motofan81 OFFLINE  

Motofan81
  • 41 Thanks
  • 34 posts

Posted April 20, 2015 - 08:28 AM

A fellow sent me a picture of what he called a Missouri Mule years ago.  I have the photo attached.

Looks identical to my Plow Hossattachicon.gif157.jpg

As near as I can tell, all the way up to the Maxim models they are basically the same machine.  Very little differences, I guess the idea just kept being sold, maybe even the existing tooling they are so similar.  

I have to make a new belt cover for mine so I have been trying to find an "EZ-PLOW" to recreate the graphic on it, Closest I have found is this "rowbuster" on craigslist.  The owner claimed it to be made by the Carter Brothers also (there was a rear pic on the ad in which the manufacturers label looked the same) and it is the same machine with a seeder.  I guess I may just do the Rowbuster graphic since I can't find an EZ-Plow one, at least they are both from the period Carter was making them.

rowbuster.jpg

Edited by Motofan81, April 20, 2015 - 08:28 AM.