• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,626 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted March 09, 2010 - 06:41 PM

These Bantam are about the smallest GT's ever built. They were actually garden tractors, not just lawn riders.

DSC00924..jpg

#2 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 09, 2010 - 07:04 PM

These are probably laughed at, a lot, but I think they are pretty neat little tractors. Have you seen a picture of one, with a front mounted mower? That little bracket at the end of the hood, on the tractor in your picture, is the pivot for the lever that raised the mower.

I think there was a little car named Bantam too. I don't know if it's the same company though.

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 09, 2010 - 07:09 PM

That thing would be awesome for the kids to scoot around on in the parades at the tractor shows. That is what my little MF8 is for besides trim duties for mowing. I wouldn't mind having one of them little buggers.

Bill I do believe there was a car called Bantam, but like you I am not sure if they were made by the same company.

#4 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 09, 2010 - 07:41 PM

That thing would be awesome for the kids to scoot around on in the parades at the tractor shows. That is what my little MF8 is for besides trim duties for mowing. I wouldn't mind having one of them little buggers.

Bill I do believe there was a car called Bantam, but like you I am not sure if they were made by the same company.

I have a car encyclopedia... I'll have to see if I can find it. For some reason the name "American-Bantam" is in my head.

#5 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted March 09, 2010 - 07:57 PM

Cute looking little one.It brings back memories of being a kid.It reminds me of a DC4 case tractor that my Dad had.Larry.

#6 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 09, 2010 - 08:20 PM

Cute looking little one.It brings back memories of being a kid.It reminds me of a DC4 case tractor that my Dad had.Larry.

You're right, Larry. It does look like a little Case. I used to have an SC, and a DC3 Case tractor

#7 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 09, 2010 - 08:23 PM

Now those are really cute.

#8 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 10, 2010 - 10:25 AM

I have a car encyclopedia... I'll have to see if I can find it. For some reason the name "American-Bantam" is in my head.

It would be cool to find out because that Bantam name does stick in the head.

#9 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 10, 2010 - 12:29 PM

There was a Bantam car made. It went through a few name changes,company receivership changes...

Austin, Bantam, American Austin, American Bantam. I'm still trying to find if there's any connection to the tractors.

The cars were made in Butler, Pennsylvania... ring any "bells" with anyone?

#10 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 20, 2010 - 12:02 AM

Austin was a British car company, a few upstart sport car companies used austin bodies in american roadsters, you may have heard of one of them, the Ford A/C cobra

#11 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 20, 2010 - 04:49 AM

Austin was a British car company, a few upstart sport car companies used austin bodies in american roadsters, you may have heard of one of them, the Ford A/C cobra

Yeah, an AC cobra has been on my "want list" for a long time,be it real or in kit car form.They weren't actually Austins ,although they were British built.

Edited by mjodrey, March 20, 2010 - 05:20 AM.

#12 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 21, 2010 - 12:43 AM

Yeah I want one too, not sure if I want the GT500 though, might want the GT350, easier on gas, and a little quicker off the line

#13 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 21, 2010 - 04:48 AM

Yeah I want one too, not sure if I want the GT500 though, might want the GT350, easier on gas, and a little quicker off the line

Your thinking of the Ford Shelby Mustang when you say GT500 OR GT350.I've had many Mustangs over the years,not sure which one was my favorite.I know if I had a choice of any Mustang,it would be the 1969 Boss 429,not really all that drivable but I would just like to have one.

#14 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 22, 2010 - 07:29 AM

Your thinking of the Ford Shelby Mustang when you say GT500 OR GT350.I've had many Mustangs over the years,not sure which one was my favorite.I know if I had a choice of any Mustang,it would be the 1969 Boss 429,not really all that drivable but I would just like to have one.

Yup your right the cobras were the 427 and 289, brain fart, sorry. but my Mustang would be the Shelby GT350

#15 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 22, 2010 - 05:54 PM

Me,I like the big blocks.I know,impractical with the fuel prices the way they are but still gotta like 'em.