• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BNK OFFLINE  

BNK
  • Member No: 62066
  • 983 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted March 31, 2015 - 06:42 AM

Yesterday I fired up the 1440 to do this seasons first mowing. 635 hr machine is greased, fresh fluids & filters plus sharp blades so here we go! And then it won't stop...meaning the peddle or hydro handle will not go to neutral !!!!! I get it back to the shop, low idle and shut it off. Open the hood, pulled the side covers off and remove the battery to inspect linkage which check out ok. Then removed the tunnel cover and I find the dampner/hydro plate is hanging there only by the linkage. The two mounting bolts had backed out enough to let it drop down. Removed the deck and got the tractor on jack stands for further investigation. The mounting bolts are also the pump bolts and long in length yet no loss of fluid nor no sign of any leaks. Hydro plate bolt holes are actually half moon so fairly easy to get the piece back on but I did use some thread locker before I tightened it down. Sprayed some lithium grease on the dampner plate too. Tried it out before I put the deck back on and it's like a totally different shifting tractor now, smoother by hand and returning to neutral by foot. Ask myself...have I been running this tractor all this time with it loose? Anyone else experienced what I have with a GT/Cyclops CC ??     

• tractorgarden said thank you

#2 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted March 31, 2015 - 04:37 PM

YES  I had that happen back when I had a 1440. I liked that machine...same thing happened.. fixed it and then the upper part of the linkage loosened up... rivets in hydro handle if i remember right.. still liked that gt.. Shawn

• BNK said thank you

#3 BNK OFFLINE  

BNK
  • Member No: 62066
  • 983 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted April 03, 2015 - 02:31 AM

YES  I had that happen back when I had a 1440. I liked that machine...same thing happened.. fixed it and then the upper part of the linkage loosened up... rivets in hydro handle if i remember right.. still liked that gt.. Shawn

LOL! I had to repair the shifter a few yrs back as well...