#1 OLDIRONLINDY OFFLINE  

OLDIRONLINDY

• Member No: 6596
  • 82 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted March 30, 2015 - 12:50 PM

So what the heck made this so valuable?

http://www.ebay.com/...cvip=true&rt=nc

I have two of them for the cubs and I was wondering if they ever made one for a Massey tractor?

• Talntedmrgreen said thank you

#2 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,307 Thanks
  • 4,659 posts

Posted March 30, 2015 - 01:05 PM

Don't know..  The bidding has ended!   :deadhorse:

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,534 posts

Posted March 30, 2015 - 01:16 PM

The difference between genius and stupidity is that only genius has limits. I could get a patio tractor for alot less than that. Good Luck, Rick

#4 OLDIRONLINDY OFFLINE  

OLDIRONLINDY

• 82 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted March 30, 2015 - 01:25 PM

Was this already posted on here and I missed it? Sorry to beat the horse if that is the case......

Anyway the real question that I was wondering is if they ever made one that would fit on a Massey tractor?

#5 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted March 30, 2015 - 02:08 PM

Wow.  That seems to border on plain ol insanity.  Just think of the machines and attachments around here that have been had for far less.  I thought I was nuts for shelling out what I did for my forklift attachment, but one of these Pincor's would apparently have bought me a couple of those!

Pincor's seem pretty darn common...I thought almost all brand GT's had something like this available?  I know Simplicity/Allis used Generac, but thought I had seen Pincor on a variety of other brands.  

#6 Bill 76 OFFLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,640 Thanks
  • 1,054 posts

Posted March 30, 2015 - 02:43 PM

$3000 are you s****** me --that is just crazy IMO

• Macgyver said thank you

#7 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted March 30, 2015 - 02:52 PM

Massey also used generac.Never seen one though.

#8 AfterShock95 OFFLINE  

AfterShock95
  • Member No: 63122
  • 420 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted March 30, 2015 - 02:56 PM

I wonder if the same people will buy my bridge I have for sale

#9 bryan 110 OFFLINE  

bryan 110
  • Member No: 52864
  • 196 Thanks
  • 250 posts

Posted March 30, 2015 - 04:01 PM

Must have to do with being on a john deere lol

#10 OLDIRONLINDY OFFLINE  

OLDIRONLINDY

• 82 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted March 30, 2015 - 04:31 PM

I think I will take one of mine for a cub, make a new mount for it, and paint it yellow..... Anyone have a brochure pic for a Massey generator?

#11 Littledeere OFFLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted March 30, 2015 - 04:40 PM

I do know that they are kind of rare but that must have been two hard heads there or maybe there just fishing

• Bill 76 said thank you

#12 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted March 30, 2015 - 07:15 PM

Must have to do with being on a john deere lol

:iagree:

Any one remember the auction with the Patio Tractors some time back?

There was something like 6 of them and they all went for $5,000.00 - $6,000 each? And, we aren't talking "museum quality" restorations either.  They were just average tractors, one of which didn't even have the correct seat.

Mother Deere's "Ministry of Propaganda" has, over time, convinced a lot of people that basically average equipment is somehow superior to all other equipment just because it's painted green and yellow :(

Deere lovers will quite happily pay what we normal people consider insane prices for "Deere goodies", thus perpetuating the myth.

• farmerall, superaben and Bill 76 have said thanks

#13 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted March 30, 2015 - 08:25 PM

:iagree:

Any one remember the auction with the Patio Tractors some time back?

There was something like 6 of them and they all went for $5,000.00 - $6,000 each? And, we aren't talking "museum quality" restorations either.  They were just average tractors, one of which didn't even have the correct seat.

Mother Deere's "Ministry of Propaganda" has, over time, convinced a lot of people that basically average equipment is somehow superior to all other equipment just because it's painted green and yellow :(

Deere lovers will quite happily pay what we normal people consider insane prices for "Deere goodies", thus perpetuating the myth.

OB,

After 25 years of collecting John Deere's, I have seen a lot of tractors and attachments come and go, whether it was at auction, or from my own collection. Most of the hard to find things, or unusual things I still have, just because it has taken me years to find them. When I started collecting, I had one vision or goal in mind, and that was to find all 11 John Deere round fender tractors, and as many attachments for these tractors as I could acquire. Not only have I collected all 11 tractors, but I'm only one attachment short of having all of the John Deere serial tagged attachments. However, none of the tractors bought cost me more than $300.00 each. I have never paid more than $200.00 for an attachment, other than the air compressor. 

You are a Bolens collector, and I might add, have an extensive collection of your own. Some of which I would say, or have heard you even say, are quite hard to find or acquire. I don't know how much you paid for your items, and I really don't care as it's none of my business. I will say though, you have posted some ebay auction winning prices that you won, that I would have never spent that kind of money on. Again, it's your business. The desire to achieve a complete collection, or to own a very hard attachment or accessory, drives us to spend more money than we originally planned to, and I get that.

With this said, I take a little offense to your statement of "Deere lovers will quite happily pay what we normal people consider insane prices for Deere goodies." I respect you enough as a friend, as a fellow member, and as a garden tractor brother, not to go into great detail as to what I would say if I didn't know you or respect you, however, I will say that not all of us John Deere collectors are classified the same. I agree with you that John Deere prices are higher than any other garden tractor brand, and although "some" collectors are willing to spend a ridiculous amount of money like this, I don't think it's fair to judge or put "all" of the John Deere collectors into the same classification as what you call abnormal. 

With highest Sincerely,

Troy

Edited by johndeereelfman, March 31, 2015 - 08:47 PM.

• Bolens 1000, wilberj, OldBuzzard and 3 others have said thanks

#14 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 30, 2015 - 09:14 PM

Here's the Ad from when it sold. Wow, that's unbelievable it brought that much. Stuff like that is going price all of Us right out of collecting.

John Deere Gen set.jpg

• Alc said thank you

#15 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted March 30, 2015 - 10:45 PM

I think Troy is right, Deere prices are something like parts for a Rolls Royce.. you know if you own one, that you will pay top dollar for some pieces of your puzzle.  You know it before you buy it.

Although that still doesn't explain away what ol' CW McCall said (with creative liberties) "You don't have to be crazy to buy a Deere, but it helps..."  :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Ben W.

• Texas Deere and Horse and Littledeere have said thanks