Garden Tractor Forums banner

Brinly Sleeve Hitch Plows

15K views 47 replies 11 participants last post by  MF14 plowday special 
#1 ·
Questions on the Brinly plow for sleeve hitch

1- How do you know a 10" plow is 10" or how do you measure it?

2- Can the point of a plow be replaced if it is broken?

3-Is there such a thing as a 2 bottom plow for sleeve hitch? (not sure if the terminology is right, 1 bottom, 2 bottom)

#2 ·
measuring is easy, flip it upside down for most accurate measurement. Measure from the landslide perpendicularly to the outermost edge of the point (the width). If that doesn't make sense I'm sure someone will produce a picture. The point is replaceable as long as you know who made the plow and it isn't rare. As for 2 bottom I have only seen custom built setups.

#12 ·
#14 ·
DH1 said:
Well I finally got a Brinly plow the Share is broken and part of it missing.

The part I need is #20 - P275-10 >http://www.brinly.com/manuals/Brinl...Engaging/PP-1200BH_PP-51BH/PP-510BH_parts.pdf

My plow looks just like this one >Brinly-Hardy Co. | Gardening Equipment | Plows | PP-51BH

Anybody know where I can get this part in southern Ont. Canada
Try a place called...Delaware Pump and Parts in Canada. Phone 519-652-9611

I called Brinly and they said in Canada, call these people, Hope this helps Doug

Reactions: DH1 and MH81
#16 ·
I just bought a new share for mine. The old one was broken in exactly the same place as yours and the previous owner had welded it back together. He did a great job of it, but I was re-doing the plow, so I put a new one on. The cost for me was ~$35 + shipping (~$11). May be a little more for the border crossing. If the 3/8" X 1" bolts are questionable at all, order them from Brinly as well. I couldn't find them anywhere locally!

#17 ·
Thanks that's not as much $ as I thought it was going to be, the plow I have looks to be in good shape so I think it's well worth fixing.

Also I think I put this thread in the wrong place, somebody should move it to
garden tractor implements

#19 ·
MH81 said:
Done!

Caseguy, I never did ask, did you buy that from Brinly or an individual?
Straight from Brinly. They shipped it the next day (standard procedure) and it arrived 2 days later, one day sooner than expected! It was a pleasant experience dealing with them.

#20 ·
texas deere and horse said:
Try a place called...Delaware Pump and Parts in Canada. Phone 519-652-9611

I called Brinly and they said in Canada, call these people, Hope this helps Doug
Called these guys today and ordered the share for my plow, they say about 3 weeks till it's in my hands, cost $89.97 can.
Looks like I'm going to have me a good 10" Brinly plow soon.

#21 ·
DH1 said:
Called these guys today and ordered the share for my plow, they say about 3 weeks till it's in my hands, cost $89.97 can.
Looks like I'm going to have me a good 10" Brinly plow soon.
So, you'll be pace'g for 3 weeks, just waiting to try it out.
Glad you found one.
Hardly ever see them for sale.

That Delaware outfit? Do you know what other goodies they are into?

#26 ·
Today had some time to play with the tractors a bit, tried out the plow on ET2 and didn't have too much luck making it work.
The first pass I did was the best but couldn't get it to work after that, went on line to Brinly to find out how to set it up and adjust it to work right, made some adjustments to the setup as they said but all I did was make more mess.
The tractor has the power to pull it in 1st to slow, 2nd seems to work best, and 3rd gear but the motors working really hard. I put 1 set wheel weights on and the winter tire chains are under the seat for more weight, some times the tires spin and I loose traction but most times it goes right through without loosing traction. The biggest problem is that the grass folds back so the next pass the right wheels, sometimes your in the furrow and sometimes your back on the grass.
Don't know what I have to do to get this thing to work like I see in all the videos you guys do???
Wheel Plant Tire Riding mower Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Plant

I think I need somebody to show me how this is done after all this is the first time I tried plowing of any kind.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.