• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 trowel OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 28, 2015 - 11:41 AM

For those new to this fourm, welcome to GT Talk.

I am compelled to briefly touch a few things as my morning come to a close, as always, I prefer it in the real and uncensored. Painful but true for many of us. Technically not allowed any more.

We young adults only have one chance and nothing more, forgiveness seems to no longer be available regardless of statue, race, age and gender.

Everything becomes a grey haze of memories, snapshots of what life was as we move through time and age inevitably.

Clarity of past choices becomes the prevalent thought, narrowing the future directions one could chose to take keeping in mind leniency is no longer available as we walk such a narrow hard corridor leaving but two choices.

Give up or die trying, nothing more, nothing less. How much can the mind and the body endure, the experiences learned, applied, location and times culminates into what a person evolves into at the present and into the future.

In the end resolution must be derived from some form of ideology or form of truth to believe in, a goal of some sort must be followed but therefore lies the problem,....What is it, why and how does it effects your life and those around you.

Sometimes a return to a former life is required to restart. Regrettably the past never fully relinquishes it's grip, after all, rebirth is not plausible or desired taking into account the current intelligences and circumstances. The next ''step''.

The hike through the valley is full of choices, directions and hindrances, surrounded by ominous inclines and crags, the assent arduous,..............well worth the view from summit.

Takes just as much effort to try and fail as it is to try and succeed, either way, it is worth it, no regrets.

With kindest regards,

Edited by trowel, March 28, 2015 - 11:50 AM.

• Bud, Gtractor, Alc and 11 others have said thanks

#2 petrj6 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,700 Thanks
  • 2,158 posts

Posted March 28, 2015 - 11:45 AM

Hey jesse, been awhile since I have seen you on here. 

• hamman, trowel, tinbender7 and 3 others have said thanks

#3 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,043 Thanks
  • 4,972 posts

Posted March 28, 2015 - 12:53 PM

You are right about we either give up or die trying.

all we can do is fight the good fight, live by our ideals and keep getting up when we get knocked down.

Lord knows I've been knocked down enough times.

But today my 8 month old son looks at me and says dad dee. Makes it all worth it.

Edited by toomanytoys84, March 28, 2015 - 03:48 PM.

• Alc, hamman, trowel and 3 others have said thanks

#4 olcowhand OFFLINE  

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,200 Thanks
  • 29,684 posts

Posted March 28, 2015 - 02:29 PM

Jesse, I've already came close to dying while trying, but I'm still doing the best I can, which is limited by my physical boundaries, which seem to be narrowing a lot these days.  

• Alc, trowel and Sawdust have said thanks

#5 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 28, 2015 - 02:36 PM

Thanks for keeping it real. Matthew
  • trowel said thank you

#6 LilysDad OFFLINE  

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,224 Thanks
  • 7,457 posts

Posted March 28, 2015 - 04:52 PM

How have you come to this understanding? If you would like to share, I will listen.

• tractorgarden, trowel and HDWildBill have said thanks

#7 backwoods OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8613
  • 2,049 Thanks
  • 2,429 posts

Posted March 29, 2015 - 07:57 AM

The road i was 4 1/2 years ago was not a good one i was living in the fast lane wide open until i met the woman i proudly call my wife. In the last 4 years ive changed alot with her backing me ive got my
college diploma in auto body collison repair, presued my hobby of gts again. Two years ago this july we will have been married an last feb when i came home from college one night she told me i was gonna be a dad. Life has two choices give up an let happen what happens. Or you try your best to become a better person not only for yourself but for those around you. An with that being said im not going down without a fight ive came along way an have a lot to live for.
  • olcowhand, KennyP, trowel and 3 others have said thanks

#8 greenb69 ONLINE  

• Member No: 65681
  • 255 Thanks
  • 203 posts

Posted March 29, 2015 - 10:04 AM

I live by two quotes, Robert Blake said, "I must make a plan for my life or be enslaved by that of anothers." And an unknown artist said, " My life is in the hands of any fool or thing that makes me lose control." Sounds like you have a good head and your path on course. Stand strong. In laos 50 years ago I lost 8 of my best friends in 20 minutes and could not talk about it until just a few years ago. I so much wanted to remember them and tell their story but my oath to our nation kept me from it. Such sacrifice and lose but cannot tell a soul.
  • KennyP, trowel, EricR and 2 others have said thanks