• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Todd Klingbeil OFFLINE  

Todd Klingbeil
  • Member No: 68638
  • 5 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted March 27, 2015 - 02:47 PM

Just bought a 42" Ariens 19hp lawn tractor is there away of bypassing safety seat switch? Tried disconnecting tractor still shuts down.Thanks :bs:

'

#2 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,117 posts

Posted March 27, 2015 - 02:59 PM

Please do not bypass the switch as it is there for a reason. If the switch is bad just replace it as most times it will be under $20.00 for a new switch. If you are unsure of what the part number is provide the model number and I can look it up for you.

Edited by bhts, March 27, 2015 - 02:59 PM.

• MH81 and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#3 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,731 Thanks
  • 4,288 posts

Posted March 27, 2015 - 03:01 PM

Todd, We never recommend bypassing safety switches. Find the wiring diagram for your tractor and see how its supposed to work.

• MH81 said thank you

#4 Bill 76 OFFLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,646 Thanks
  • 1,060 posts

Posted March 27, 2015 - 03:01 PM

I don't think I'am allowed to tell you how to bypass  that switch as per forum rules.

#5 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted March 27, 2015 - 04:16 PM

Perhaps if you can give us some more info on what the tractor is doing we can help you troubleshoot the problem.  The first thing I would suggest is see if there is a manual in the manuals section for your tractor.  Then see if it contains a wiring schematic for the tractor.  In not post back and perhaps someone has one they can upload.  Once you have that, then we can help you troubleshoot each system until we find the cause for your problem. 

We do not recommend disconnecting any of the safety devices, we would like you to stick around a while and add to our community not spend time in a hospital or worse.

#6 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted March 27, 2015 - 06:02 PM

yeah my seat switch on my GT19 isnt working right either.... unfortunately when I tried to bypass it the hour meter stayed running even though the machine wasn't.  Never had one do that to me before. 

You can only protect one from themselves to a certain extent. Most "idiot proof" switches do become more of a PITA as they get older... you just gotta have more common sense than the machine. MOST of us here have operated machines that were made before they added those idiot proof devices and are still around here to tell about it.  I will say that I have rewired more than one small engine powered machine for the purpose of deleting them.

I treat them like an uninvited house guest. they can stay as long as they don't cause issues.

#7 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted March 27, 2015 - 08:43 PM

Not sure what age of tractor, but many have electric boxes that need to have switches positioned in correct order. It will not work/run if one is missing in system, or disconnected. Fix the switch.

#8 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted April 09, 2015 - 05:21 PM

I will fix mine, when I get around to it.  I will give them new residency in the scrap bin while I continue to use my machinery.