#31 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,152 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted November 19, 2011 - 04:20 PM

I have a 1953 or 54 Copar Panzer T102 three wheeler that I found parked under an apple tree in 1986. When I bought it for $50 it had no engine or drive system, The first build was with an aluminum B&S 8 hp with the 6 to 1 gear reduction unit. I added at Borg Warner T-93 transmission. With this set up it ran about 25 MPH. My two oldest kids pulled it in tractor pulls and did very well.

In 2002 I changed over to a 16 hp cast iron B&S, the T-93 tranny and two gear and chain jack shafts to get the speed down to around 12 mph. The four younger kids pulled with it for a couple of years until they stripped the straight gears out of the tranny, Then I found the tranny in the photo, with helical gears, in one of the local junkyards and modified it to fit. The front fork broke and was repaired several times probably due to the heavier cast iron engine and the front tire slamming to the ground when pulling.

The tractor has not been ran in a couple of years due to a lack of time and my plan now is to fabricate a wide front end and a front end loader for the tractor. It is third or fourth on my project list though.

Attached Thumbnails

• T102 2 (1).jpg
  • T102 3.jpg
  • T102 2 (2).jpg

#32 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted November 19, 2011 - 06:08 PM

Now, that's impressive.

#33 Brett OFFLINE