• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• Member No: 6470
  • 447 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 07:08 PM

Hi guys, I'm looking for some advice on installing the motor back in the 1450 after I get it assembled. When I loosely bolt the frame rails in and size up the oil pan to the rails the bolt hole alignment is off. This motor came out of this machine, but the pan is different and it's cast iron because the old aluminum pan had seen better days. Both pans measure up the same though. The motor mounts were beat to death and one of the long mounting bolts was missing when I picked this machine up so I didn't have a good reference to start with. Do I have the isolator mounts in correctly? I flipped them from top to bottom and added and removed the washers but nothing was gained. Aren't the rails the same between the 12, 14, and 16 Quietlines? P1020784.JPG P1020785.JPG P1020786.JPG P1020787.JPG

• Sawdust said thank you

#2 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 08:30 PM

If the two oil pans measure the same Gary I would think there should be no problem with it.  If I think back to when I had my 1450 and I replaced the iso-mounts I had to bolt the brackets onto the oil pan and then bolt it into the tractor frame afterwards.  As for the frame yes the 12, 14, and 16 were the same just with different engine hp's.

• twostacks and Sawdust have said thanks

#3 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• 447 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted March 27, 2015 - 02:53 AM

If the two oil pans measure the same Gary I would think there should be no problem with it.  If I think back to when I had my 1450 and I replaced the iso-mounts I had to bolt the brackets onto the oil pan and then bolt it into the tractor frame afterwards.  As for the frame yes the 12, 14, and 16 were the same just with different engine hp's.

Hello, I did originally bolt the pan onto the rails so I could weld a brace between the two rails. When I sized it up, the rails wouldn't line up with the iso mounts. It would be possible to force them to fit, but I thought it would put too much of a twist on the iso-mount. I did my 1250 a few years ago and can't recall if the mounts were tweaked that hard to make everything fit or not. I'll give it another try.

#4 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted March 27, 2015 - 07:51 AM

May just need some "gentle" persuasion.

• twostacks said thank you

#5 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• 447 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted March 28, 2015 - 05:34 PM

May just need some "gentle" persuasion.

I persuaded it with a little force and a few choice words and it went together. 

• hamman and IHCubGuy have said thanks

#6 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted March 28, 2015 - 08:44 PM

I persuaded it with a little force and a few choice words and it went together. 

Good deal.  Now you can bring it to plowday Gary.

#7 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• 447 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted March 30, 2015 - 07:54 AM

Good deal.  Now you can bring it to plowday Gary.

Just got the block and crank back from the machine shop on Friday. Engine kit should be showing up today. I haven't rebuilt one of these Kohlers yet and I don't want to rush the process. I'd like to get it built and put a plow in the ground here at home before I haul it all the way up there only to find out it doesn't work. My main concern is the hydro pump. I don't think it's original to this tractor and I don't know what shape it's in. With any luck, I'll know soon enough.