• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 12:58 PM

Ok, here's a stretch... But I hope someone has the answer.
The Outdoor Power Equipment Institute used to put triangle stickers on units they tested.
Did the MF10/12 units have these stickers and where on the machine were they?

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#2 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,115 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 01:27 PM

I don't think you will find one on the tractor itself but will find them on the decks, tillers and blowers and so on. I don't remember ever seeing it on any brand tractor just the attachments.

• DougT and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#3 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 02:17 PM

Hey Bob, not 100% that they were factory installed, but I have a '73 110, a '69 60, and a '74 70, all John Deere's, with these decals on the fenders. They are all pretty much located in the exact same locations, centered on the fender lip, directly behind the seat. I wasn't aware of these decals being installed on tractors either, but it may be possible? 

Alan, if you are looking for these decals, one of our site sponsors, Hapco, has them reproduced. Not sure if they are the brushed aluminum or the brushed gold though.

Here is a picture of one that is installed on the rear PTO cover for my '70 140. This decal however, could possibly been attached due to the rear PTO drive shaft, and not necessarily for the tractor itself. 

Various 020.JPG

Edited by johndeereelfman, March 26, 2015 - 02:21 PM.

• MH81, bhts and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#4 limebuzz OFFLINE  

limebuzz

• Member No: 795
  • 861 Thanks
  • 876 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 03:57 PM

I'm not too sure about the 10/12 tractors having them. But I know the 50 and 55 series all have the triange decal right under the serial plate on the left hand side panel. 

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#5 limebuzz OFFLINE  

limebuzz

• Member No: 795
  • 861 Thanks
  • 876 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 04:22 PM

So,i was curious about this sticker. So I went and looked on my one 12 and it has it as well

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20150326_165940.jpg

• MH81 and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#6 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,115 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 04:30 PM

Hey Bob, not 100% that they were factory installed, but I have a '73 110, a '69 60, and a '74 70, all John Deere's, with these decals on the fenders. They are all pretty much located in the exact same locations, centered on the fender lip, directly behind the seat. I wasn't aware of these decals being installed on tractors either, but it may be possible? 

Alan, if you are looking for these decals, one of our site sponsors, Hapco, has them reproduced. Not sure if they are the brushed aluminum or the brushed gold though.

Here is a picture of one that is installed on the rear PTO cover for my '70 140. This decal however, could possibly been attached due to the rear PTO drive shaft, and not necessarily for the tractor itself. 

attachicon.gifVarious 020.JPG

You made me have to look. After looking at a couple dozen I did find it on a couple sears tractors. So never mind my first post. Now I wonder if it was something put on all tractors or what. My HT23 does not have one and I know it is original except for the dash that I replaced.

• johndeereelfman and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#7 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 05:53 PM

I know on a couple of the John Deere attachments, these decals were installed, but they also had the attachment model listed on the decal. Say if you find one installed on a mower deck, the decal would have maybe the Model 39, 41, & 48 listed on it.

Could it be that every individual tractor wasn't inspected, say maybe only every 100th one produced? Could be the reason for only a "few" of these decals showing up, and not on every tractor? I don't know, just a guess. I'm sure there was a price to pay to have these tractors inspected, would just be a matter of finding out if the price included every tractor for the whole production year, or if it was per each tractor. If per each tractor, that could be expensive, especially back in those days. 

#8 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 06:04 PM

Alan, one of the founding board members of the OPEI was James L. Quick, who was the founder and president of Quick Manufacturing, Inc., more commonly known as Springfield.
  • MH81 said thank you

#9 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 07:18 PM

My Wheelhorse D200 still has its sticker.

• MH81 said thank you

#10 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 07:26 PM

So,i was curious about this sticker. So I went and looked on my one 12 and it has it as well

So, some of the 12's had it at least.
That's good to know.
  • limebuzz said thank you