• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 04:10 AM

Very nice project, but I wonder what a shell and French have in common?

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#17 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 04:37 AM

That's one shell of a house!  Come on, I'm just sayin what everyone is thinkin.  Nice job.  Darn shell has a nicer house than I do.  I'm betting that nobody in the class went to these lengths for the project.  You'll be the cool dad for sure.  Does the shell have a name?  I ask because my girls like to give everything a name.  I'm just trying to see whether it's gender or age specific.

• MH81 and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#18 greenb69 OFFLINE  

greenb69
  • Member No: 65681
  • 268 Thanks
  • 210 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 05:33 AM

What a wonderful memory you gave to your son. I spent several summers working with inner city youth that yearn for such times. Bless you and the Family.

#19 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 05:41 AM

Very nice job on the 'Shell Shack' guys! Good luck on the grade!

#20 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 06:15 AM

Very nice attention to detail Troy and Caleb! All the kids who used a shoe box are going to be feeling mighty low when they see that deluxe beach condo.

#21 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,330 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 06:28 AM

I think you two did one shell of a job.
I'm proud of Caleb for sticking to his concept, knowing what he wanted to do, and not giving in to pier pressure.
If I had to give you guys a grade, I'd say you snailed it and give you an A for shore.
  • Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP, JDBrian and 4 others have said thanks

#22 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

• Contributor
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 06:31 AM

I think you two did one shell of a job.
I'm proud of Caleb for sticking to his concept, knowing what he wanted to do, and not giving in to pier pressure.
If I had to give you guys a grade, I'd say you snailed it and give you an A for shore.

Wow.  Just... wow.

• MH81, JDBrian, johndeereelfman and 1 other said thanks

#23 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,330 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 06:35 AM

Wow.  Just... wow.

Hey, you started it...
  • JDBrian and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#24 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

• Contributor
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 06:41 AM

Hey, you started it...

Took a lot of mussels to continue it though.  Just don't get crabby.  I'm always up for a good pun war.  I knew something was fishy when you quoted me.  Being the hammerhead that I am, I had to sea what the tide rolled in.  Caleb has talent and vision.  He's the kind of person who will make a lot of clams in his lifetime.  Your move, squarepants.  Ok, that one doesn't count.

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and 4 others have said thanks

#25 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,330 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 06:49 AM

Oh, don't give me that Line,
You did that last one on porpoise, Tarn it.

A pun war? oh, no... im not taking the bait...besides, I know you're just fishing for "Thanks"

(And to be more Pacific, I love puns. I just hope I wasn't being Koi about it.)
  • KennyP, JDBrian, johndeereelfman and 2 others have said thanks

#26 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• Member No: 6470
  • 447 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 07:01 AM

Pretty impressive. Love the family photo on the wall.

• KennyP and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#27 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

• Contributor
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 07:09 AM

Had ya on the hook there for a minute.  That was a whale of a come back, I'll give you that.  Puts you up on your high sea horse I suppose.  I just realized that, if Troy let's Caleb read all this, that squid is going to wonder what kind of pun sharks we are.  He'll probably think we're smoking sea weed.  I'm just reeling from all this and I really need to get some work done.  The boss will dock me if I don't.  I suppose tonight I'll have to clean out the carp on the Allis so I can get it running.  Sorry Troy, we didn't mean to sink your battleship here!

• MH81, JDBrian, johndeereelfman and 1 other said thanks

#28 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 07:17 AM

Alan, Jeff, can I just say, you two have too much time on your hands!  :smilewink:

Thanks for all of the compliments guys. I'll make sure I pass them along to Caleb.

Well, Caleb brought tears to my eyes this morning while driving him to school. I was reminding him not to brag about his project, and to be considerate of the other students by not showing off. I asked him to have respect for others. Well anyway, he proceeded to tell me that he had fun building the project together, and that he really enjoyed spending the time together. He Thanked me for showing him how to operate the power tools, and he said he is grateful for having a Dad that is willing to spend the time and patience that I do with not just him, but with his brother and sister as well. He told me he Loved me, and thinks that I'm a cool Dad. If there was ever a time to share a Life-Saver, that was it. Unfortunately, I didn't have any Life-Savers nor did I have any Kleenex's. However, I do have a good son that knows right from wrong, is considerate and loving, and always gives the best that he can to make it through life and to please others. For that, I'm Honored to be his Father and to call him my Son!

P.S.- Only you older guys will understand the Life-Saver thing. It refers back to the Life-Saver commercials made in the late 70's, early 80's.

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#29 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

• Contributor
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 07:28 AM

Alan, Jeff, can I just say, you two have too much time on your hands!  :smilewink:

Thanks for all of the compliments guys. I'll make sure I pass them along to Caleb.

Well, Caleb brought tears to my eyes this morning while driving him to school. I was reminding him not to brag about his project, and to be considerate of the other students by not showing off. I asked him to have respect for others. Well anyway, he proceeded to tell me that he had fun building the project together, and that he really enjoyed spending the time together. He Thanked me for showing him how to operate the power tools, and he said he is grateful for having a Dad that is willing to spend the time and patience that I do with not just him, but with his brother and sister as well. He told me he Loved me, and thinks that I'm a cool Dad. If there was ever a time to share a Life-Saver, that was it. Unfortunately, I didn't have any Life-Savers nor did I have any Kleenex's. However, I do have a good son that knows right from wrong, is considerate and loving, and always gives the best that he can to make it through life and to please others. For that, I'm Honored to be his Father and to call him my Son!

P.S.- Only you older guys will understand the Life-Saver thing. It refers back to the Life-Saver commercials made in the late 70's, early 80's.

Now THAT'S what its all about.  Caleb is clearly a product of his upbringing.  You and your wife are doing a great job with him (and the others I'm sure).  It's tough to get into these little projects at the last minute but it's worth it whenever they tell you things like that.  Thanks for that update.

And you're right, I do have too much time on my hands.  After almost two years of steady overtime, working late into the night or even all night, weekends, holidays, my overtime has officially ended.  Looking forward to a normal life again after I learn how to do that.  Look out, I got time and the brain has yet to slow down!

• MH81, KennyP, johndeereelfman and 1 other said thanks

#30 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,687 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 08:00 AM

What is Caleb want to learn a sissy language like French for??? Spanish is useful. Chinese is useful. French is a dead language. All the French do is sit around making little boxes.

• JDBrian and johndeereelfman have said thanks